Thread: Alignment

Alignment

I'm getting ready to replace the tires on my 2003 Alpina. The OEM suspension and brakes have been replaced with the Cartridge Ltd/Brembo combination. The original rims were replaced with the Cartridge forged aluminum rims which are approximately 5 lbs lighter than OEM rims. My question is, should I stay with the stock alignment specs or use something different? The car is driven for pleasure not for racing..

Anyone have a suggestion for a good alignment shop in the Sarasota, FL area?

Thanks.
    Rich

Parrish, FL

2006 Ferrari F430 Spyder
    2011 Porsche Carrera S
    2011 Mercedes CLS 550

I'd recommend staying stock in FL, based on what I know of the roads and the driving there.

Some of use here in CA have increased negative camber, caster and slightly opened the toe in to almost 0?, but that's because we are nearly aways driving twisty mountain backroads where those settings make sense. In normal driving you'd get no benefit from our settings, and you'd chew up the inside of your tires.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    I agree, especially if you are happy with it now. For every positive change you will discover a trade off.