Thread: Still looking good after 88K + miles!

Still looking good after 88K + miles!

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

That's great news, I'm only 55k behind you!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    That's great news, I'm only 55k behind you!
    See if you can catch me!

Skip Hammerman

2013 BMW X3

At my current rate of knots that's almost thirty years! Nice to know that she'll still be going strong then, I hope I will be too! :-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Great shape!

Musta Where'd you get that wind screen for the seats and is it effective?

Sport Button On - DSC Off Doug Dolan's Avatar
    Hi Jonathan,

From the picture it looks like the "standard" Z8 windscreen. You should have gotten one with your car as it was delivered with all Z8's. Here's a link to realoem.com that shows the part numbers (black, red or crema to match the interior).

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...86&hg=54&fg=10

Personally I think it's minimally useful, but does eliminate a little backdraft.
    Doug Dolan
    61297 - Stratus / Crema

I only used mine once, but don't like how it looks, so never had it on since. It really is of minimal use too!
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dolan View Post
    Hi Jonathan,

From the picture it looks like the "standard" Z8 windscreen. You should have gotten one with your car as it was delivered with all Z8's. Here's a link to realoem.com that shows the part numbers (black, red or crema to match the interior).

Personally I think it's minimally useful, but does eliminate a little backdraft.
    That is correct - it is the "standard issue" Z8 windscreen. I do however disagree about the comments that it does not make a lot of difference. It does, especially during the shoulder seasons I "enjoy" in Iowa as it keeps everything warmer. The car does definitely look cleaner without it - I may take it off for the Indian summer we are about to enjoy after this long and very cold winter (flurries in the forecast even still tonight).
    Skip Hammerman

2013 BMW X3

I think that was meant to read colder, not shoulder! As an ex motorcyclist I'm already living in the lap of luxury with heated seats and a little hot air blowing around, and besides the cold isn't that much of an issue over here, although we did see 23? for a few miles on our New Year's run.
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    I think that was meant to read colder, not shoulder! As an ex motorcyclist I'm already living in the lap of luxury with heated seats and a little hot air blowing around, and besides the cold isn't that much of an issue over here, although we did see 23? for a few miles on our New Year's run.
    Actually it was "shoulder" seasons, meaning between the cold and warm. During the colder seasons in Iowa, the Z8 is in its hibernation. During the SHOULDER seasons (fall and spring) the heater is on, the seat heaters are on, and the windstop is on when driving top down.

Skip Hammerman

2013 BMW X3

Hah, I never heard them called that before, but makes me jolly happy about my Californian life!! :-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Hi Jonathan,

Hmm, well I don't have one. But if it's minimal use I don't think I'll bother with one for the price. Just would be nice to get the wind out of the face sometimes.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Doug Dolan's Avatar
    Jonathan,

Check with your dad since he bought the car new and should have gotten the windscreen at the time. Also check the "What came with the car originally" thread: http://bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?t=924 which details all the "goodies" included with the cars when delivered.
    Doug Dolan
    61297 - Stratus / Crema

Jonathan,

Check with your dad since he bought the car new and should have gotten the windscreen at the time. Also check the "What came with the car originally" thread: http://bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?t=924 which details all the "goodies" included with the cars when delivered.

Well I just got off the phone with him. He thinks he may have the windscreen but a lot of the items on that list he never got including the hardtop and the book (bummer!). And apparently the cup holder broke. Was it confirmed that the hardtop came with all of them? Sorry to take away from your thread at this point, I really just thought the windscreen was cool and wanted one!

As your dad was the original owner you should contact Bill Stewart at BMW NA about the book - 201 263-8210 - he may well be able to get you one.

Every car came with a hard top, but they weren't ready in time for the first batch of deliveries to the US and many were subsequently just forgotten. Again I'd mention this to Bill, but I wouldn't be so sure he can help with that one.
    Andrew Macpherson

Looks great Skip. I hope mine looks as good in 55K more miles (Andrew we have the same miles)BTW did you ever score a taillight? I'm still on the hunt as well.
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

Quote Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
    Looks great Skip. I hope mine looks as good in 55K more miles (Andrew we have the same miles)BTW did you ever score a taillight? I'm still on the hunt as well.
    Josh - I never did. I guess we just need to wait for a good opportunity to find a used pair we can split. I just have a really hard time shelling out $2600 for one light, especially as it still is functional with one strip working. Not sure if they have started producing the European light - I would think once they become available in Europe there will be a lot American tail lights that can be purchased at a reasonable cost.
    Skip Hammerman

2013 BMW X3

Z8Mania
    Yes indeed it is!