Thread: Pioneer 80PRS

Pioneer 80PRS

I put in a Pioneer 80PRS yesterday. My CD changer has been broken since I obtained the car and it's been lacking, not being able to blast music while driving fast. I went with the 80PRS because it works really well with connecting an iphone/ipod via bluetooth, and it has a 16 band EQ, which may seem excessive but I've done some pro-audio recording in the past so it's a tool that makes me happy to play with. The sound quality is pretty great, though part of me is wanting to put in sub woofers. The other part of me doesn't want to take up any of the trunk space though. The big boon for this system is the full phone functionality.

Overall I'm loving the functionality and the sound. I'd highly recommend this unit.

Apparently there's 210,000 different display variations including a color array, so I'll have to figure out how to program it orange to match the rest of my displays this weekend.

How long will it take to look at all those 210,000 variations!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Did it require a special wiring harness or did you or a shop identify the individual wires and splice?

Quote Originally Posted by KenZ8 View Post
    Did it require a special wiring harness or did you or a shop identify the individual wires and splice?
    Special wiring harness. But I think it's the same as BMW/M wiring harnesses. The tech identified it and installed it really quickly.

Nice. The Bluetooth hookup for phone and iPod makes a lot of sense. Did you put in new speakers or stick with the originals?

Quote Originally Posted by porscheguy View Post
    Nice. The Bluetooth hookup for phone and iPod makes a lot of sense. Did you put in new speakers or stick with the originals?
    Stuck with the originals. I always thought the speakers sounded good. With the new head and everything so clear and separated the bass does feel a little light but I'm not certain I want to mess with the already limited trunk space.