Thread: Sunday April 7, 2013

Sunday April 7, 2013

The run up the hill was brisk and fun, but the high clouds kept us from enjoying our usual Californian blue skies. To make matters worse the high winds during the night had blown a ton of dust and debris all over the roads meaning all the cars had to drive up spaced far apart to avoid peppering each other.

Breakfast at Newcombes was it's usual truck stop deliciousness, and as always the conversation was good, but the run back down the hill was not only dusty, but was clogged up with too many cyclists, bikers, cars and police. To cap it all off just as we were about home Mark got pulled over by a cop for no front plate, and at that very moment his screen cracked for no reason!

Ahhh well, for every amazing drive we've had, and there have been many, one that's a bit lack luster isn't bad!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

That's unfortunate, but a drive in the z8 is always better than the alternative!

Another perspective....

Michel brought a friend along who sent these iPhone snaps to add to the story of the day....

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Great photos. Im sorry to hear of the cracked windscreen and also the ticket. That stinks.

Z8 Happy
    I took the ticket for the team. The officer says "be sure to mention to your friends their front plates are missing too... sign here please "
    Cop was pretty cool about it, let's just say with the new tires on the car and me trying to keep up on Andrew, it could have been much worse!
    AKA Mark from SoCal

2003 Alpina - Black/Black
    Original Owner