Thread: Sunday Mar 10, 2013

Sunday Mar 10, 2013

A simply stunning southern Californian dawn for the first day of Daylight Savings.

Clive & meet in our usual spot on Mulholland & Laurel, and ride the ridge to the 405, where we drop down to Sunset, meet up with Mark and race the dawn, arriving atop Topanga just two minutes too late to catch the actual sunrise, but not to late to soak in the beauty of the new day.

Todays pix are brought to you by the Sony RX1.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Andrew, those are gorgeous pictures. Really lovely. Question- you seem to shoot into the sun frequently- I usually try to avoid that. Whats the thinking on this?

Not real thinking, I just love recording the beauty of the day in every way, so I shoot everything then pick the images I like afterwards.
    Andrew Macpherson

What great shots on what must have been a great morning! Thanks, I think. Nothing like March in New England to get one thinking about other lifestyles...

Jerry, just another quick thought - our usual route to breakfast runs east to west, so if I'm shooting behind me then I'm shooting into the rising sun, so that explains most of it!
    Andrew Macpherson

Really pretty..and sharp. Are those just regular exposure shots? I have an older Sony and always shoot three at once so I get one over and one under exposed, and choose the best. But your pix are stunning. With all your expertise I just wondered if you were doing any post shooting work on them or just picking what the camera shot at regular exposure?
    Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

There's just a tiny bit of post, but these are really pretty much straight out of the camera, it really is that good. All I do while driving in the car is put it on Shutter Priority @ 1000th sec at 400 ISO and just snap away.

The very first shot was done on Manual - 30th sec - f2 @ 2500 ISO with built in flash set at -1 stop.
    Andrew Macpherson

DSC Off
    Amazing pictures!!