Thread: Tremendous New Parts Reference

Thumbs up Tremendous New Parts Reference

I saw this link posted on the e24 board at another site. It is a very user friendly and invaluable reference for ALL of us to use when it comes to parts for not only our Z8s, but other BMWs / european cars. Check it out at the following website:

< www.realoem.com/bmw/ >

Jeff

Great link.........thanks

I like the VIN - date of assembly feature.

By doing a direct comparission with the downloadable parts catalog I have here in the PDF section, which came from BMW's Body Shop Parts Book, this appears to be a much more detailed list showing more components with more part numbers. The drawings used are the same, they just show more bits in each illustration.

Now if we could just use it as a parts ordering system!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I think this is being set up to be just that.....

a parts ordering system and vendor. I hope so at least. It certainly gives the ability to at least get a rough estimate on price, which can help to prevent some price gouging.

missing area

I am trying to use the link to find the #s for the interior trim parts of the seat backa and the rear firewall coverings (inside the cockpit). Anybody have luck in theis area?

They are all listed in this PDF download....

....here

This 20MB ZIP file is a copy of the 2003 parts book that shows all of the chassis components of our car, and can be used as a good guide for restoration or repair. It is scanned at high resolution because the print is very small, and that is why the ZIP file is so large for just 15 pages of info. NB: I purchased this from EBay, and have no idea if the prices are dealer-trade or retail so I would caution against using them as a price guide.
    Andrew Macpherson

Thanks Andrew but still could not find the part # for the "Z8 roundel" inset to the trim that is in the bulkhead centered behind the seats. Do you happen to know that Part #?

Look at page z8_282

center colum, the picture under the words INTERIOR TRIM, it is part 5.

Part # 51 46 7 012 299
    Andrew Macpherson