Thread: The Blizzard of 2013!

Z8Mania

The Blizzard of 2013!

Here are some shots done with the Sony RX100/ most at wide angle intelligent auto mode. tweaking after the fact in PS- most images had the highs way too low, the mids a drop too low.

Wow, great shots, looks really cold! Sunny and mid sixties here today 😉
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Thanks Andrew- it was very cold yesterday morning when I took most of those- it was about 15F, but not too windy. It warmed up to 26 by the end of the day when they finished plowing my driveway- that pile is like 6' high now!

PS- Im jealous!

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    pfff ...we are better of with 2 inches of snow.....but this looks gorgeous!
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Z8Mania
    We usually get a few inches at one time, but this was a lot for us. The authorities did a great job getting the roads clear though. Yesterday I took my kids to their activities and I was really impressed with how clear the roads were. Even better, most thought they would be not passable so there was very light traffic.

Great photos! There sure is beauty in our Northeast winters. But the real beauty is the anticipation of that first sunny and warm day of Spring when we can hit the road with one of our favorite toys. Looks like the Z8 will get the nod this year!

Z8Mania
    Amen to that! The only thing is watch out for pot holes.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Beautiful pictures! But, no thanks!! I like warm weather all year round.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Z8Mania
    Thanks Marty- thats because you are smart!

Beautiful photos. They make me miss the crisp smell in the air the day after a big snow storm. But not enough to ever want to do it again! Your B7 looks a little angry with you.

Lovely photos, Jerry. It's a sad day when you have all those bays and the Alpina gets left out in the cold.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    Thanks fellas. No- its a day when I have too many cars- I wish everyone had this problem.

I normally leave our Merc GL450 outside but given the weather and that the GL wears Blizzacks for the winter, I figured, why let that get immobilized, and even with the snow tires, the B7 wouldnt be of as much use, so that went outside. And my plan worked properly.

PS the Alpina did start right up but it was a lot slower and sadder to turn over than I would have thought.

I'd be slow and sad left out in the snow all night too!
    Andrew Macpherson

60 miles west of the photos, in NJ we were spared the worst of Nemo and only had about 7 inches of snow. I had to move one toy out to get the other one out in order to plow the driveway. Man needs to have some fun even in the winter and the ATV with the plow was a distant second to driving a car, but still felt great. Later in the day we drove down to the NJ shore to see how things were there. The storm did no additional damage so we drove down to get this picture of the now famous roller coaster in the Ocean. It has been an interesting few months for weather in the NE....

Last photo is the back yard ice rink. Only had a few useable days, but the kids had a blast.

Last edited by Ouray; February 13th 2013 at 02:06. Reason: said east instead of west

Great shots, but boy am I happy I live in California ;-) !!
    Andrew Macpherson

I get the attraction of southern Californian weather but the four seasons really are great. Guess I am a north easter by heart if not by politics.... There is nothing like fresh snow on a cold sunny morning to wake you up and make you feel alive. Throw in an atv and a plow and you even forget that you are a desk jockey in a suit all week.

Z8Mania
    I completely agree with you- though I do love that so cal weather. I love the pictures- especially the skating and what a stunning Aston. I have another friend who also has an ATV with snow plowing on board.