Thread: Snow Day

Snow Day

I am glad I have Boxster for days like today so I can have a fun drive to work while the Z8 rests.

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Z8Mania
    The Boxter is pretty good in the snow?

I must say I'm tempted by the new platform, if they do a stripped out track ready Cayman I might just try and swing one.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    The Boxter is pretty good in the snow?
    It is quite good. I have Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires and as long as there is less than a foot of snow (maybe max 8 or so), it is very steady and drives well. I am in the market to upgrade to a 911 4S - that should be even better.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Andrew, Porsche is talking about doing a cayman gt3 ish version around 2015... Unless its all a rumor. I'm in for that one! For now I'm working on my 09 cayman s suspension to get ready for this years track season.

I'd love to do a track day with u if poss :-)
    Andrew Macpherson

I'll bring the blue beast for fun.
    thegunguy

Im working on season dates and events guys... I'll keep you posted. Would be a blast.

Z8Mania
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta10000 View Post
    It is quite good. I have Michelin Pilot Alpin snow tires and as long as there is less than a foot of snow (maybe max 8 or so), it is very steady and drives well. I am in the market to upgrade to a 911 4S - that should be even better.
    Nice!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Im working on season dates and events guys... I'll keep you posted. Would be a blast.
    Are you attending the Golden Gate PCA track day events? I just saw their schedule for 2013 in the latest newsletter.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

I'm not a PCA member! You are I take it?

I'm a PCA member but haven't attended their track events. Are you setting up track time on your own or through another organization?
    My Best,

Ed

Thread hijack!

Yes, Ed, there are tons of groups and clubs. Other than Z8 International club, I am only a member with Audi. I don't own one, but joined last year just to do a track day with them. Good group! One way to look for track days is to check the track web site schedule for who has booked it. Then you can go to the club or group site and see their schedule. I mostly look at thunder hill, Sonoma, and Laguna, but have been to button willow a few times too. Are you interested? What car would you track? Call me if you are serious about getting involved.

Buttonwillow is fun, maybe we should arrange our own track day there if we have enough takers. I can ask Jack who we've run with before if he wants to piggyback some of his guys with us to make up our numbers.
    Andrew Macpherson

Moment of weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Thread hijack!

Are you interested? What car would you track? Call me if you are serious about getting involved.
    Total thread hijack!

In a moment of weakness late last year I picked up a 2009 911 turbo to replace my 2005 Carerra S. The 2009 is a beast of a car and I would like to take it out on the track to explore its limits.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  134.0 KB
    My Best,

Ed

Hmmmm. I'm really interested to see how the X5 would do on a track. It's sort of silly until I read stuff like this: X5M One Lap of America (long)

In the final standings, we finished a respectable 31st position overall and 2nd in class behind the SRT8 Jeep, which finished 30th overall. Leh Keen and TopSpeed?s Doug Wilks took home their third overall victory. At first, I was frustrated. After all, I had spent the last week as a racing driver and wanted to win. But then I realized something: two journalists, who most people assume can?t drive for xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, finished in the top half of a field dominated by sports cars with experienced, and sometimes professional drivers, in a 5,300 lb truck that gave us massages on the transit legs. It had a great radio, a good navigation system, and ?overhead? angle backup cameras. It had automatic windshield wipers, headlights, and a heads up display. It was smooth, quiet, and had a 360 mile cruising range. And for 8 straight days, all we had to do was show up, unload ten suitcases, a bicycle, cases of water, and snacks from the cargo bay, put on our helmets, and race. We didn?t have to add a drop of oil, and we could have survived without even rotating the tires. The only time the X5M let us down, it was our fault for messing with it in the first place, and it got fixed in time to race. Other teams spent half the race under their hoods, rotating tires every day, changing oil, brake fluid, coolant, or adjusting downforce.
    thegunguy

Ok guys, looks like a track day is in order! I'll coordinate with Andrew. Jack is great. I'm super Busy right now, but maybe you can see if jack is willing and there are any days available?

Email sent, new thread started...
    Andrew Macpherson