Thread: Man's best friend

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar

Man's best friend

Yesterday I had to euthanize my beloved Rottweiler Enzo after too short a life, but as I sit here not able to sleep with an aching heart, I keep running through my head what an amazing, loving and kind dog he was. He gave unconditional love and asked for nothing more than to be loved in return, which he was in abundance. With all of the terrible things going on in the world, us humans could learn much from our canine friends about how to treat each other. The house feels so empty without him. I know time will heal the pain I am feeling and at some point in the future I will be ready to bring another Rottweiler puppy home to join the family. Rest in peace my friend. You are sorely missed.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Many condolences, dogs are such wonderful creatures.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I feel your pain. I had to put my beloved Boxer Blitz down a few months back. The pain does go away, but it sure takes long.

To Enzo!
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Z8Mania
    Our deepest condolences. Unfortunately this horrible moment is part of the dog ownership experience- but-- its worth it.

Thanks for the kind words. It helps. Here he is with me in happier times.

Marty

2001 Z8
    2013 Ford Raptor

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    We had to say goodbye to this one recently so I know how you all feel.

Z8 Novice
    Sorry to hear this Marty. I lost my "wing man" a year and a half ago. I 'am sure Enzo had a great life.

Philip

Marty, I am sorry for your loss. I have lost several English Bull Terriers over the last couple decades. The pain is unbearable. Hang in there. It is a cliche' but time heals and Enzo will be waiting for you on the other side.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Z8Mania
    Sorry to hear of your loss Philip T.

So sorry, Marty

So sorry to hear of your loss, Marty. Our pets are indeed members of our family and their departures are very difficult. Our current aged Golden, Dylan, is the last in a line of five generations of his family that we've owned. We've bred, raised and trained over a hundred of his fore-bearers and had several, that we kept ourselves, certified and we used as therapy dogs. Today, he embodies his parents, grand parents and great grandparents, all of which we owned. He will be the last of our long line and as he ages now, we dread that part eventual of his care.
    I know the near term will most likely be difficult and you will feel an empty spot in your hearts and around the home. With time, I hope that you will be able to look back, smile and reflect on the happy and exceptional times together. Our beloved pets make us whole and we are better for sharing life with them.

Stu
    StuM
    2013 M3 Lime Rock Edition coupe (sold)
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder (sold)
    2011 6.2L Raptor
    2002 BMW Z8 (sold)
    1967 Corvette 427 roadster
    2013 Maser MC convt
    2014 BMW i8 (pending)

Enzo

Marty, I also smile at his name, Enzo. We've had, or have Chevy, Lexs (Lexus), Harley, Shelby, etc. Very car related.
    Anyway, re the name Enzo, if you want to read a good auto/dog book, pick up a copy of "The Art of Driving in the Rain". You and any of our fellow forum members will surely appreciate the story.
    Stu
    StuM
    2013 M3 Lime Rock Edition coupe (sold)
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder (sold)
    2011 6.2L Raptor
    2002 BMW Z8 (sold)
    1967 Corvette 427 roadster
    2013 Maser MC convt
    2014 BMW i8 (pending)

Team Z8
    Marty,
    I'm sitting here having my morning coffee, as I do every day, with Ruby at my side. Each night when I get home she acts like she hasn't seen me in weeks. She's a nine year old red lab and I am dreading that time. I can't say anything other than I feel for you and hope the other joys in your life can fill the void.
    Chris

Thanks again everyone for the kind words of support. It is strange when you get used to a daily routine with a dog in your life and then suddenly they are gone. I still find myself looking for him in all of his usual spots. It will take time.

Stu, I have read that book and it was wonderful. Also, what you wrote was very comforting. Enzo is the second dog I have had to put down. What you wrote has already made me realize what I was already thinking and that is while there will never be another Enzo, once some time has passed and I feel ready, I will be able to bring another loving Rottie home, not to replace Enzo, which could never be done, but to be another cherished member of the family. A dog, like Enzo, who will be loved and cared for and bring us joy, as did Enzo.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2013 Ford Raptor

Z8Mania
    Hang in there Marty.

I've been meaning to read that book. Very interesting on dog names here as our dog's name is Ruby also.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Jerry - thanks for the kind words.

We had three dogs at the time when we had to put Bouncer down. The other two are still with us and that helped/helps. We live on a farm and so we can inter our departed friends in our little "pet cemetery". Four wonderful old friends inhabit that ground and it is helpful to be able to visit them there.

Regards,

Phil

61115 Topaz/Crema

Phil, sorry for your loss too.

One of my two little girls is getting up there too. They bring so much joy into my life every day, but this thread really does bring home the sadness that I know lies somewhere up the road, and getting closer everyday. As with everything in life, we really have to live the in present to the fullest!
    Andrew Macpherson

Stu's words above brought me great comfort and they are so true and that is they make ours lives better. As much pain as I am going through now, I wouldn't have done anything differently. I had eight joyus years with him.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2013 Ford Raptor

What a club! You are passionate about your cars and dogs, and not afraid to admit it. Marty, I'm sorry you lost your pal. Good that you are already thinking about a replacement.

When my kids come to visit, they remind me that I have more pics of my old dog Bud around than I have of them. And the dog has been gone for eight years.

Hate to admit it but on my iPhone I have two pictures of my wife and about fifty of my dog Enzo.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2013 Ford Raptor

Since I don't even have a wife I have the perfect excuse for 1500+ pix of my girls!!
    Andrew Macpherson