Thread: Space Shuttle Endeavour

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar

Space Shuttle Endeavour

I went to the California Science Center yesterday to see the shuttle. Simply breathtaking! If you go, make sure to also get the ticket to the movie at the IMAX theater about the Hubble Telescope. Mindblowing.

Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Z8Mania
    Fantastic! When the weather gets nicer here I plan to take the wife and kids to see the Enterprise on the Intrepid.

Quote Originally Posted by hayvenhurstkid View Post
    I went to the California Science Center yesterday to see the shuttle. Simply breathtaking! If you go, make sure to also get the ticket to the movie at the IMAX theater about the Hubble Telescope. Mindblowing.
    Sounds like a great way to spend an afternoon with my son when we're visiting my in-law's home in So Cal.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Quote Originally Posted by hayvenhurstkid View Post

yes indeed - and Endeavour is featured (in space) in the Hubble 3D movie!

was amazed to see how complex the Hubble repair was - they even replaced fragile circuit boards, removing dozens of tiny screws, etc. (imagine doing that while wearing space gloves with marshmallow size fingertips!)

to add to the adventure, we took the new L.A. Metro right to the museum (my 1st time ever on public transportation in LA!)

ps: there are more Endeavour photos in the Photography> Nikon D600 section of this forum

Great pix, and a great tip for the hols, I must try and get over there! :-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.