Thread: Die schwarze Z8 chronik

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar

Die schwarze Z8 chronik

Is anybody familiar with this limited edition by Edition Weiss/Blau? I spot a lot of vagueness about the contents...and ?999 is a lot of money!
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

No, what is it?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Ton

Oh yes, now I see it I remember the publisher trying to get me to give him pictures to use for free! Many of us basically boycotted him because he was all take and no give, and I never saw a copy of his book.

One day I'll do a book, I have ten years of amazing images, and we have some incredibly talented designers and art directors amongst us, its just finiding the time!

I've had this on my computer desktop for a few years as a reminder to start!

Andrew Macpherson

Many of us basically boycotted him because he was all take and no give,
    This is something I recognize! I asked him some information for my negotiation about the developing of the prizes in the last years....but he had 1 answer: buy my book. When the book is right he could have sell me a copy but being so not cooperative there is very little change : -)

I hope you will find the time to make the book because there is so little compiled information about the Z8. In the past period I collected a lot of pictures ( yes also here :-) ) For personal purposes I made a booklet to show people the story from development to manufacturing

Nice on shows etc
    Ton

Z8Mania
    I have a book by these people but Im sure it could not have been E999. It was a birthday gift from a friend and I dont think he'd spend that! The book is nice- if you like I can take some photos of it.LMK.

They used to have a "white edition" (about ?300) and now they have a blue version (about ?500) and the "black version which seems to be the white and blue version together with some extra chapters.

Curious what version you have got ......but quite a nice present Jerry! What is your overall impression?
    Ton

Z8Mania
    I've got the white edition. My impression when I got it was- this is cool! Ill take some pictures with my phone in the next day or so and post them up. You can then judge for yourself.

Thanks jerry,

Can you tell something about the content e.g. compared to the "Geburtsbuch" ?
    Ton

Z8Mania
    I will have to pull it down from a shelf and take some pictures- then you will be able to know.

Thanks Jerry...and no hurry!
    Ton

Z8Mania
    Here we go. These shots are purely for information purposes. Its a beautiful book.

Tempting......looks very good! But I don't like the guy attitude...... Have to think about it.
    Ton

Yeah, he just takes all the factory issued press photos which are given out for free and packages them up in an expensive looking wrapper and sells them at an exorbitant price, as a photographer that leaves me with a very low opinion of him.
    Andrew Macpherson

I agree with you Andrew....on the other hand it is fast track to "collect" all the information available on the Z8: I have a 12 years lag :-)
    Ton

Z8Mania
    That is a good point Andrew. I received this as a gift and so that is how I enjoy it.