Thread: Looking for Top Dinan Shop

Z8 Novice

Looking for Top Dinan Shop

I'd like to do some modest performance upgrades and am looking for both ideas and, more importantly, a recommendation of a top shop that has done a lot of Z8 work. I've read a lot of great advice on this Board but some of it is conflicting in terms of what to do and where to go. I think I've come to the conclusion that it may be best for me to stick with Dinan upgrades and a top Dinan shop. Does that make sense, and if so, can anyone make some good East Coast recommendations? Thanks! Starte

Z8Mania
    I believe Prestige in NJ does Dinan and also Ridgefield CT.

Z8 Novice
    Thanks Jerry. Do you agree that sticking with Dinan is a smart safer choice? If I knew more about the car I might experiment more, but I'm a novice. Starte

Z8Mania
    It really depends on what you want to have done.

If it was me, and I wanted to do some suspension, exhaust, and brakes. Id just go to AI Design. They are the best shop Ive found. If I needed some kind of Dinan computer that only the Dinan dealers had Id go to one of them. It really depends. Even for things like headers a place like AI can do it (perhaps Bradan can too- get multiple takes on a place). I don't think if a dealer is a Dinan shop that automatically means you'll get the best treatment or best skill set. Id want someone who knows Z8s fairly well.

Z8 Novice
    Thanks again Jerry. Makes sense. Starte

Shipping isn't crazy these days. How about shipping it the mothership in Morgan Hill, CA?
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    My Z8 falls into the "drivers" category. If I got a collector Z8, I would ship my car to Dinan for some fun mods. As it is I don't want to do that. If its just suspension and brakes, even headers and software, that can be done out here. But if you want to really get into the motor and do some of the more extreme things that have been done, then yes I agree, send it out to Steve Dinan.