Thread: East Coast Z8 Modifications

Z8 Novice

East Coast Z8 Modifications

Gentleman....I recently purchased a 2001 Z8 with 9K miles and was thinking about tweaking it a bit to add a little horsepower, change the brakes, and refine the suspension. I'm looking for a shop on the East Coast that specializes in this type of work. I'm not an expert and really need someone I can trust to guide me. Based on the threads I have read, it looks like most of the better shops may be out west, which is an option if there is nothing more local. The car is in NY at the moment. I'm also looking for suggestions about what to do or not do to the car. Thanks! Starte

I use a Dinan certifed mechanic just over the Mass line by the name of Dan Kerman. He started on my car before it was my car and continued with the work over time after I bought it. He is an aerospace engineer by trade but works on BMWs as well as others because that's where his passion lies. You can see in my signature what has been done to my car so far. I also know of some other mechanics from exotic car club that also do this kind of work. Where in NY are you as I am just north of NYC.
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Starte,

Mine is at Bradan in Ronkonkoma (Long Island) right now for exaclty the treatment you have described (plus super detailing). Contact Dan MacKay at 631 585 8600. They do mostly Ferraris but Dan is an M5 guy and is very familiar with our engine. He can tell you what he is doing with my car. Real nice work and you can follow online as they post pictures of the work as it progresses.

I have also read good things about Jim McGee across the line in Eastern PA. He is also a Ferrari guy not sure about BMW with him.

Phil

61115 Topaz/Crema

Z8 Novice
    Thanks Phil. That is extremely helpful as well. Now I have some good options.

Z8 Novice
    Phil....I looked at the Bradan site which is still under construction. They obviously specialize in ferraris but seem to do high end restoration work in general. Two questions: first, does it bother you that they are more of a Ferrari shop, and second, if I needed some minor restoration work, are they the right guys? Thanks. Starte

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Starte,

I sent two Ferraris through there - they do great work. To really see what they can do go the their thread which is inside the FerrariChat.com website. Go here http://ferrarichat.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219 and browse the work they have done. Amazing stuff. Engine work, body work, leather work etc...

I was emailing Dan earlier about something else and I told him you might call.

Regards,

Phil
    61115 Topaz/Crema

Z8Mania
    AI Design is tops. Don't trust the guys at Bradan. In past incarnations they screwed over people I know and in the current incarnation they lied to another friend.

http://www.aidesign.com/

AI doesn't do detailing like Bradan but remember- jack of all trades....

If you go there, tell them hello from me.

PS- they are priced like they are the best-
    because they are.