Thread: Road America Vintage racing

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Road America Vintage racing

Last weekend Road America, Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin held its annual Vintage Race Weekend. During the weekend on one of days all the vintage cars are driven downtown Elkhart Lake and parked. Its really a neat event. Also parked in the city were two Z8s one was Black/Black and the other Silver/Black both with Wisconsin License plates. Do either of you folks participate in this chat room? Also parked downtown was a beautiful RED 507.

Pandaman

DSC Off
    I hit the races but did not get into town. I didn't drive my Z8 and didn't see the ones you mention. (Too bad, I would love to get together with any other drivers in the Chicago area; a drive to Door County would be beautiful in the fall, especially with some Z8s in the foreground!) I caught the town show a few years ago and watched 2 Cobra Daytona coupes and several 250/275 GTOs drive by. Very cool to see some of these awesome million+ dollar cars on the road!
    Tom

Z8Mania
    Whats great is to see Pandaman posting!

Ditto that!! :-))
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

D. Where have you been?

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Z8LVR View Post
    ...Too bad, I would love to get together with any other drivers in the Chicago area; a drive to Door County would be beautiful in the fall, especially with some Z8s in the foreground!...Tom
    I'm in Crystal Lake, anywhere near you? Maybe we can schedule a drive.

Mike

DSC Off
    I'm only 30 minutes away in Rockford! Would love to schedule a trip somewhere!!
    I am really itching to get away on a decent drive as I've only had her 3 weeks. Went to Galena yesterday - pulled the Z8 out of the garage, got her all shined up, checked the weather and put it back in the garage... darn! Know any others in the area? Let's make a plan!

Tom

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Z8LVR View Post
    I'm only 30 minutes away in Rockford! Would love to schedule a trip somewhere!!
    I am really itching to get away on a decent drive as I've only had her 3 weeks. Went to Galena yesterday - pulled the Z8 out of the garage, got her all shined up, checked the weather and put it back in the garage... darn! Know any others in the area? Let's make a plan!

Tom
    I bought mine Monday. It's the first I've seen in a year or two around here. I know there's a red one owned by a doctor but I've never seen it in person.

I suppose if we find two more locals we can create a club

I'll PM you my cell number maybe we can figure out a ride somewhere.