Thread: any interest in monoballs for rear swingarms?

any interest in monoballs for rear swingarms?

www.monoballs.com

They cost 850USD for a set of four. These will be an improvement over the stock rubber bushings in that they will have less play under braking and acceleration.

The monoballs will fit in both the E39 M5 swingarm and the Z8 swingarm, but are sized to work with the Z8 subframe. If you have any interest in swapping in the M5 swingarm as I am doing, you can use these for doing the swap.

The monoballs have to be made up special to accept a smaller size bolt than the E39 uses. There is an advantage therefore to doing this as a group. If a few people are interested, we might be able to negotiate a lower price.
    Silver/black
    Dinan S2 package: headers, throttle bodies, oversized MAFs, airfilters, anti-roll bars, lightweight flywheel
    Dinan by Brembo brake kit and monoball control arm bushings
    BBS forged individual wheels
    Quaife differential, 3.64:1 final drive
    Meisterschaft GT titanium mufflers
    K&W 3 way adjustable competition monotube dampers and monoball adjustable mounts
    CDV delete

I have the Powerflex Urethane bushings in mine, and they seem to work very well, so that may be an alternative in your hunt.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Hi Andrew,

Which bushings are these? I didn't find any for the Z8/E38 swingarm on the Powerflex website.

thanks, John
    Silver/black
    Dinan S2 package: headers, throttle bodies, oversized MAFs, airfilters, anti-roll bars, lightweight flywheel
    K&W 3 way adjustable competition monotube dampers and monoball adjustable mounts
    CDV delete

I don't really remember, they are just the bushings that they had for our cars. I put them in about 5 or so years ago.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I went with the all rubber Meyle bushings.
    thegunguy

Andrew: Power flex only seem to have bushings for the front currently.
    Rifle: I think those Meyle HD bushings are front only too, right?

Thanks for the ideas, guys!
    Silver/black
    CDV delete

One thing worth adding here: the mono balls should work especially well for the rear swing arms because the bushings are oriented in two different axes, but the swing arm rotates along yet a third axis.
    Silver/black
    CDV delete

Yes, I only did the front bushings to replace the fluid filled ones that have gone bad in every BMW I've owned. My current e53 X5 is the worst, likely due to weight. They consume the fluid filled bushings about as fast as tires. It's really odd that BMW continues to use them.

I decided on rubber instead of the poly options as they're a fit for my use of the car and a good improvement over the original 6cyl E39 front end components.

Meyle has a wide product line, but I'm not sure if they have parts for the rear.
    thegunguy