Thread: Texas Hill Country Drive, June 2012

Texas Hill Country Drive, June 2012

It all started with my wife wanting to go to advanced chocolate making school in Hico, TX. It was pretty close to the Hill Country drives Mark Hollingsworth had posted so I contacted him about a possible meet. He gathered up Ken Hollins and his wife Carol, and Mark's wife Denise mapped out a route for a drive...and what a drive it was. As a native Texan I hate to admit I really had never seen the hill country like this. Short turns, smooth sweepers, long straights, clean roads, no Troopers...heck we maybe saw 5 cars the whole afternoon.

These guys don't stop for pictures, but I managed to put together a few taken with a Sony DSC-T2 digital camera and a short Flip Video, both courtesy of my left arm outside the window. They graciously let me be in the "rocking chair" and we all had radio's for "whoops and hollers" and the occasional road kill warning, but mostly it was about the blue sky, interesting back road hill structures and beautiful terrain.

The plastic on my car is a product called Race Wrap. I think it is similar to Road Wrap, both designed to offer temporary protection. It did, except for the area of the bumper that I did NOT have Peter Pan repaint, which managed to delaminate in a couple of places and is scheduled for a full bumper repaint.

Ok, I think this is a link to my video of the drive. Wow the quality really suffers on the upload. I might try a higher quality one later.

Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

You can post the vid on YouTube or Vimeo and embed. That's the best way.

For photos, you can upload them individual or make a long strip(s).

Make sure both are set to 800px wide at most.
    thegunguy

I posted the link to the video in an edit to my original email. The quality seems a lot lower to what I uploaded. I posted some of the actual pictures below.

Charles Guerin

Great shots and write up!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

See if this link is now public so you can watch the slide show and movie I created of the trip:

https://plus.google.com/113545004381...ts/81sJavxH5M9
    Charles Guerin

I give up. I finally figured out how to make the video "public" on YouTube, followed the "share" and "embed" instrctions, but it would not copy the video here. I will try again later.
    Charles Guerin

Fingers Crossed

.....that this will work.

Charles Guerin

Looks like you figured it out. All you have to do is paste the embed link from YouTube in the text editor here. The site will do the rest. It's actually really easy once you see how it's done. It does take the server about 10-15 seconds to show the video in the post after you first submit it. So, if you don't see it right away, hit refresh after singing the ABC song.
    thegunguy

Quote Originally Posted by thegunguy View Post
    Looks like you figured it out. All you have to do is paste the embed link from YouTube in the text editor here. The site will do the rest. It's actually really easy once you see how it's done. It does take the server about 10-15 seconds to show the video in the post after you first submit it. So, if you don't see it right away, hit refresh after singing the ABC song.
    I wish. More like "fiddled" it out. Cutting and pasting using either the "Share" or "Embed" buttons was of no use. In fact what was "pasted" looked like something from Andrew's pictures of Z8's that you can get to from this site, except only misplaced titles were inserted with a lot of miscellaneous symbols. I then could not just delete what was pasted. I had to grab the corners and shrink it down to size and then delete it. That happened with 3 or 4 attempts.

I then went on top of the video and right clicked for a "Pop Out" or something like that, and split my screen between that and a reply to the thread. I tried to drag, as so many Apple things seem to respond to drags, but to no avail. At one point I right clicked on the Pop-Out and it said copy, and then moved to paste in the reply and somehow it landed there in script and then the little frame you see now. Altogether one of the the most counter-intuitive and stupid experiences I have ever had with a computer.

I am not exactly sure if the above is what I did, but by the time I finished I had wasted hours and was exhausted. All I know is what should have worked on YouTube according to their instructions was bogus.
    Charles Guerin

Z8Mania
    Very very nice.

I'm glad you stuck with it-great memories of a really fun driving day.

Sorry you had so much trouble. Embedding videos is pretty much the same across all forum sites, blogs, etc. So, if you master one, it will be similar everywhere else.

Here's the short list of steps:
    1. Find video on YouTube.
    2. Click 'share'.
    3. Click 'embed'.
    4. Optional step: specify ratio - 800 wide or less is recommended for this site. Tip: type 800 in the custom width field and it will sort out the height automatically.
    5. Copy the embed snippet (starts with IFRAME in brackets).
    6. Paste the entire snippet directly in to the Z8 post edit field. Don't use the link, HTML, script, or other buttons - just direct in the edit field.
    7. Hit submit and give it 10 seconds or so and give it a refresh.
    thegunguy