Thread: Z8 in Manhattan

Z8 in Manhattan

Walking across 44th street between 5th and 6th Avenue tonight I was surprised to see a Silver Z8 parked on the street in front of a hotel. Not too often that you see nice sports cars parked on the street, never mind a Z8. It had a black and red interior. Does it belong to anyone on the board? Checked out the hood line and looked to be in pristine shape, so either it had the performance package or the owner has taken good care of it.

I have had mine in manhattan but not in two years. The performance package would get a work out on the city streets though.
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

Z8Mania
    Mine hasn't seen NYC streets for approx 10 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouray View Post
    Walking across 44th street between 5th and 6th Avenue tonight I was surprised to see a Silver Z8 parked on the street in front of a hotel. Not too often that you see nice sports cars parked on the street, never mind a Z8. It had a black and red interior. Does it belong to anyone on the board? Checked out the hood line and looked to be in pristine shape, so either it had the performance package or the owner has taken good care of it.
    If it was outside the Royalton that was mine. We had just driven up from Key West to drop the car off to be shipped to Europe for a summer trip.

I'd always wanted to take a drive around Manhattan with the top down. Traffic was horrendous but at six the next morning it was pretty decent.... Still need eyes in the back of your head though - the taxi drivers are fierce!

edit: And you are quite correct it does have the performance package. Needed it on that trip....

Forgot to look at the plates to see where it was from. I park right next to the Royalton daily. Made my evening to see the car parked there. From half way down the block I noticed the distinctive headlights/nose. NYC is not really a car city so most people just walk by with out looking at cars. As for the taxis, the key is to just drift from lane to lane, no sudden lane changes. I have been driving in Manhattan for over 30 years and the number of car accidents I have seen can be counted on one hand, usually an out of towner! As for the traffic there were many things going on that day: The President was in town, Fleet week, the US Army was celebrating some type of anniversary and had all sorts of events right around the area you were in, and the normal flow of life. Enjoy the European trip.

Z8Mania
    Thats lovely- have a wonderful trip. If possible, share some pictures with us!

Yes, loads of pictures please!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I'd be curious to also learn of the reaction to your Z8 in Europe. Safe travels!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Thats awesome, nothin cooler than to see old sports car in the city. I used to rip around in my 55 Porsche Speedster blk/blk, so fun until my wife got prego and we needed some suspension!! One of my favorite stops was Le Chanticlaire resturant which Rene Dreyfus owned and you never knew who might walk in. He was a factory Bugatti driver back in the day......just wonderful.
    Jim