Thread: OMG, he just gets better and better!!!

OMG, he just gets better and better!!!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Amen! This guy is superb.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Z8Mania
    The UK was wise to avoid the Euro. Its a very sad situation that should have been avoidable. I can't believe they didn't heed the lessons we learned back in the late 1700s.

And from the other great messenger of sense....

Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    Brits who live in glass houses... Yes, the EURO is a disaster, but we (and Nigel) should remember that the UK has THE highest total (private and public) debt to GDP ratio of any of the G7 (slightly ahead of Japan now) at over 500%, with over 400% being externally held. Yes, they were smart in retrospect not to join the EURO so that they can independently devalue via QE; but it is important to remember that Sterling is not a reserve currency--no one MUST own it. The UK has also managing to INCREASE household leverage since the crunch began in 2007--something even we in the USA have avoided as consumers here have cut back and increased savings. Lastly, the FIRE (finance, insurance, real estate) basis of the UK economy means that they are dependent on the rest of EU irrespective of membership in the EURO and that bank harmonization (an inevitable outcome of a German run fiscal union as a the price of bailouts) will put the City of London at their beck and call.

At the end of the day, the world financial infrastructure has become so interconnected (500Trillion in derivatives alone) that distinctions like "here" and "over there" no longer have any meaning. Add unsustainable debt loads and you see why a Z8 will be worth 500,000$ in 3 years.

My biggest issue with the Euro oddly enough it's Tower of Babylon of unsustainable debt because thats something the whole word seems to have embraced.

The EU is a bureaucratic dictatorship that is robbing the people of Europe of their freedom and their rights in the name of a banking system take over, it is a new form of financial fascism in the most chilling and sinister sense.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    Right, but like Nigel, you don't want miss the fact that the Tower and the takeover and the thievery doesn't stop at the borders of the EU. Our own FED has taken over our economy with MUCH more success and pushback. The Eurocrats are just trying to put the same model (United States of Europe) in place over there in a shorter period of time with more cultural divisions than out Founding Fathers.

There is no "solution" to the problems of a GLOBAL economy laded with 100% more debt than can be serviced with ANY combination of growth and taxes in ANY Country (seen our defecit lately, and rates are ZERO!) short of a total reset of the cocept of fiat (Governemnt backed) money.

First half of all the debt has to go to debt heaven in a massive money print from all Central Banks all at once. Then the world must be re-organized in such a way (Bretton Woods 3) that FINANCIAL MARKETS discipline ALL Government borrowing--even the "exceptional" ones like the USA--so that TECHNOLOGY, NOT ECONOMIES OF ANY DESIGN, can solve problems and make the pie bigger.

Lots of dishes are going to get broken--on BOTH side of the Atlantic (and Pacific).

Exclamation

WOW> !............

Yes, indeed we are agreed on all, except the concept that the banks, or the financial system should be the governing power in the new system.

From my perspective all these central banks are the most sinister and greatest evil the world has known. Finance needs to be a regulated utility, and not the lord and master of all.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    Well, as Dylan said "ya gotta serve somebody." And it isn't banks per se, it is CENTRAL BANKS; and they actually have a vested interest, by definition, in social order. With that said, this is your board, and I don't mean to be on a soapbox here. As I said in the above post, the interesting thing here is that the coming MONSTER monetization of debt that is simply inevitable is going to create real demand for all hard asset "store of value" assets--including Z8's.

In fact, Z8's along with other collector cars, art and antiques may be among the single best performing "money substitutes" when things hit the fan.

As a result, I am in a hurry to find my "hedge," preferably black or topaz with crema and a performance package that was installed as early as possible in the car's life.

Aftermarket exhausts and the clutch valve are also a plus as well, but I can do that myself.

Gotta get moving here...

Z8Mania
    Great posts. Copley has a beautiful Stratus Crema 2002 car but I believe they are asking 150 for it... Oh never mind- its a data point- it SOLD. That was fast...

http://www.copleymotorcars.com/sport...5.4vo1133.html

this is your board, and I don't mean to be on a soapbox here
    No, please I love great debate and the exchange of ideas, that's the only way we ever learn and grow!!

That was fast...
    Wow, I wonder if it went to Europe, or if the market here is taking up the slack? It was a great low mileage car in a rare combo with all the right stuff, kind of makes me think I was silly selling my Topaz one on for 140 a year ago, but then again I wasn't so sure that the market would hold up back then.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    I believe it went to a USA collector and the big draw (not surprisingly) was the color combo.

So good!!

Andrew Macpherson

via email today.....

Subject: Fw: Dummies Guide to What Went Wrong in Europe.

Helga is the proprietor of a bar. She realises that virtually all of
    her customers are unemployed alcoholics and, as such, can no longer
    afford to patronize her bar. To solve this problem she comes up with
    a new marketing plan that allows her customers to drink now but pay
    later.

Helga keeps track of the drinks consumed on a ledger (thereby granting
    the customers loans).

Word gets around about Helga's "drink now, pay later" marketing
    strategy and, as a result, increasing numbers of customers flood into
    Helga's bar. Soon she has the largest sales volume for any bar in
    town.

By providing her customers freedom from immediate payment demands,
    Helga gets no resistance when, at regular intervals, she substantially
    increases her prices for wine and beer - the most consumed beverages.

Consequently, Helga's gross sales volumes and paper profits increase
    massively. A young and dynamic vice-president at the local bank
    recognises that these customer debts constitute valuable future assets
    and increases Helga's borrowing limit. He sees no reason for any
    undue concern, since he has the debts of the unemployed alcoholics as
    collateral.

He is rewarded with a six-figure bonus.

At the bank's corporate headquarters, expert traders figure a way to
    make huge commissions, and transform these customer loans into
    DRINKBONDS. These "securities" are then bundled and traded on
    international securities markets.

Naive investors don't really understand that the securities being sold
    to them as?..

"AA Secured Bonds" are really debts of unemployed alcoholics.
    Nevertheless, the bond prices continuously climb and the securities
    soon become the hottest-selling items for some of the nation's leading
    brokerage houses.

The traders all receive a six-figure bonus.

One day, even though the bond prices are still climbing, a risk
    manager at the original local bank decides that the time has come to
    demand payment on the debts incurred by the drinkers at Helga's bar.
    He so informs Helga. Helga then demands payment from her alcoholic
    patrons but, being unemployed alcoholics, they cannot pay back their
    drinking debts. Since Helga cannot fulfil her loan obligations she is
    forced into bankruptcy. The bar closes and Helga's 11 employees lose
    their jobs

Overnight, DRINKBOND prices drop by 90%. The collapsed bond asset
    value destroys the bank's liquidity and prevents it from issuing new
    loans, thus freezing credit and economic activity in the community.

The suppliers of Helga's bar had granted her generous payment
    extensions and had invested their firms' pension funds in the BOND
    securities. They find they are now faced with having to write off her
    bad debt and with losing over 90% of the presumed value of the bonds.
    Her wine supplier also claims bankruptcy, closing the doors on a
    family business that had endured for three generations; her beer
    supplier is taken over by a competitor, who immediately closes the
    local plant and lays off 150 workers.

Fortunately though, the bank, the brokerage houses and their
    respective executives are saved and bailed out by a multibillion
    dollar no-strings-attached cash infusion from the government.

They all receive a six-figure bonus.

The funds required for this bailout are obtained by new taxes levied
    on employed, middle-class, non-drinkers who've never been in Helga's
    bar.

Now do you understand?
    Andrew Macpherson

A "reserve" currency exists only in concept, no one must own a currency as they can control what "currency" they choose to own from $ to gold to cars. Currencies are only worth what the next person you want to pay them with feels they are worth. Ironically just a few years back China decided to diversify away from dollars into Euro's. Not the best timing, but proof of the fact that reserve currencies are a fiction.

I'm very interested in seeing what gold does during this time as classically it is a safe store of wealth, however the technical chartists see it reversing considerably, even back below $800oz as they see us heading into a deflationary super cycle, while the gold bugs say the coming collapse of fiat will send gold through the roof, which in a Weimar Republic scenario I guess makes sense. I have no idea which is right, but it interesting that the opinions are so widely varied and well justified.

It does seem that there is a likelihood of the Euro coming apart, and honestly that isn't something I see as being a bad thing. If each country kept it's sovereign currency and trade was measured against a single global reserve, but not traded in and out of it, fair exchange would be assured. Gold could work as that unit as well as anything else, but the key would be agreed market value and trust. These principals have governed exchange trades for centuries, and we need a return to trust.

Right now the trust in our global financial system is shaken. Did you see the questions fired at Bob Diamond in the house yesterday? The anger is already deeply rooted in England, but the financial system there doesn't have the control of the political parties that it does here, where Dem & Rep Incs are essentially it's lobbied lap dogs, as demonstrated by the farcical PR like appearance of Jamie Dimon in front of those JPM pays to keep quite and not make waves.
    Andrew Macpherson

I watched the hearing yesterday and found the politicians to be even bigger grand standers then in the U.S. It will be interesting to see where the comments regarding Paul Tucker's role lead in the Libor setting scandal. It may be a case of the regulators being to close to the regulated. In the end it is all about keeping confidence in the financial system. It may not be fair, we may not like it, but there has yet to be a better system designed that allows for the easy exchange of a mutually accepted currency for goods. The Euro has the cards stacked against it as while they want to be the United States of Europe the people and governments are not ready to give up sovereignty to a centralized government. Without a central government and laws a central bank/currency is doomed to failure. Just one persons opinion, but as I mentioned three years ago, the real show is in Europe and it has yet to begin.....

Yes, good points all, and I thought I'd add Roubini's interview from Bloomberg today as it's very on point...

Andrew Macpherson