Thread: Time to replace the Run-flat tire's (thank God).

Time to replace the Run-flat tire's (thank God).

What's the latest (& available) recommended sneakers for our Z8's these days please? PS 2's? SS's ? Thanks,
    jim

Z8Mania
    On stock wheels? I think Ken was saying theres a BF Goodrich solution thats reasonably priced:

http://bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?t=2982

yes, stock wheels

Z8Mania
    Then my personal favorite is the MPS2 but they may be difficult to find. The tires Ken reports on seem like a great choice also.

So far, I am enjoying my Michelin PS All Seasons on the stock wheels.... good luck!
    Greg AH61930 - 2003 - Silver/Black

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Brigestone Potenza RE05A is my choice

I've had these on the car for a couple of years and love the performance. Tight turns at high speeds without feeling you are losing traction on wet or dry surfaces. Feels far better than the original run flats. Unless you are planning on driving 100 miles from any possible service station, why bother with run flats? Just have the tire fixed if you get a flat.

The RE05 is the OEM tire for the supercharged Mercedes S55 AMG and is used on the 12 cylinder Enzo Ferrari supercar. A run flat version is used on the Z4 and 5 series.

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    License Plate: MYBMW Z8
    Eisenmann Mufflers
    Dinan Performance Software

I use the Enzo Bridgestone Tires on my FGT and I must agree they are awesome tires, but a bit heavy.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Z8 Novice
    I agree with Ken's comments and experience with the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp-2's 18" which i just installed after taking off brand new Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's with less than 100km on them (the dealer kindly took them back). The Potenza R-11's were balloony looking, had a much higher profile and were a very firm sidewall, heavier ride. For my type of driving which is more sporty touring -no track, the BF Goodrich Comp-2's are a great aggressive looking tire much more in keeping with the car. The ride and handling is exceptional. They make the car feel and perform like the roadster that it is. I made the switch and it was the right decision for me thanks to Ken's post.

Boy, I like the rolled, taller sidewalls esthetically, kinda the opposite of the boy racer rubberband on a rim look.

My Bridgestones are every sticky, operate well in cool weather, shed standing water well and are very smooth and quiet.

Not saying they are the best, as I mentioned they are heavy. They have a good size selection and are for the quality, reasonably priced.

Glad there are options for everyone.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car