Thread: Z8 kicks out of reverse on incline

Z8 Novice

Z8 kicks out of reverse on incline

For about the last year and a half, whenever I have the car in reverse on a slight incline, the car kicks out of gear. I have to physically keep my hand on the shifter and hold it from kicking out of gear in reverse on an incline. I had BMW Seattle look at the flywheel, (which they said was fine) and replace the clutch but I still have this problem. Any idea from anyone on what this could be since Seattle BMW has no idea?

Quote Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
    For about the last year and a half, whenever I have the car in reverse on a slight incline, the car kicks out of gear. I have to physically keep my hand on the shifter and hold it from kicking out of gear in reverse on an incline. I had BMW Seattle look at the flywheel, (which they said was fine) and replace the clutch but I still have this problem. Any idea from anyone on what this could be since Seattle BMW has no idea?
    wouldn't the problem be in the transmission or shifter?

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...09&hg=25&fg=05

Sounds like the shifter may not be making the full throw to get fully engaged in reverse. Do you have a short shift kit or something installed that may be interfering with the length of the throw...something came loose or anything like that?