Thread: New Z8 owner needs exhaust advice

Z8 Novice

New Z8 owner needs exhaust advice

Great site and very helpful information. I have learned a lot from reading and found a great car without any frame issues that I would not have known about if I hadn't stumbled across this site. However, I lost track reading through so many threads about exhaust that I am a little confused on the best option. From what I can read it looks like Meisterschaft GT Z8 forum spec. Am I missing something? seems like the last post was January 2012?

I prefer a Ferrari sound vs a Corvette.

Welcome, and congratulations! As for exhaust, there are many posts/threads that you should review. Here is the most brief summary.

? Nothing I've found will sound like an F-car. The engine is just that different
    ? The Eisenmann (if you can find it) is nice and "throaty" especially in the lower revs. Loudness: Scale of 1-10, stock being 3, this would be about a 6-7
    ? Meisteschaft (Z8 Spec): Really sweet, but too loud for some. More higher pitch notes, but not like an F-car or P-car. Less "Bark" in the lower revs, but awesome in the mid-higher. Loudness: 8.5? (Strait pipes with no cats=10?)
    Either system will allow you to go stealth, and hold conversations easily in the car, as long as you don't feed too much throttle while talking. Cruising is quiet with steady throttle.

There are other systems out there, but I haven't tried or heard them. I have had Stock and the two I mentioned on my car. I love the Meisterschafts I'm using now.... but I like it loud!

My car with meisteschaft:

No on all three, you want the Z8 Forum edition, those other three are hardly any louder than stock!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    http://gthaus.com/ver3_ghprice.php?s...Page=0#MeistTi

Thanks for your help. I think I found it.

That's the one!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

The Supersprint exhaust is great as well. I would suggest if you have the means get headers as well, both these mods really help the car develope some horse and breath much better.(of course the sound is an added plus)
    2002 Silver Black/Red

Dinan stage 4 software
    Dinan low restriction carbon fiber airboxes
    Dinan high flow air mass meters
    Hamann headers
    Supersprint exhaust
    performance package
    custom short shift linkage
    cdv modifacation
    Quaiffe differential/military grade gear polishing
    19 inch 3 piece HRE mags/Toyo tires
    Custom crossdrilled/slotted rotors
    ceramic brake pads
    stainless brake lines
    Dinan caster plates
    Dinan duel mass flywheel
    custom Sachs clutch /pressure plate
    Dinan pedal set

I just installed the Meisteschaft Z8 Spec last week and enjoyed it in our Cambria drive. The sound is intoxicating. Even my wife told me to "turn the music down" a couple of times so she could enjoy the exhaust sound. It's a mix between F-Car wail and Detroit Muscle.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Austin, TX
    i wanted to add a quick note about the z8 spec exhaust from GT Haus. i was part of the group buy several years ago and received the HP version instead of the correct z8 spec. GT Haus stood firmly behind their error and sent me the correct exhaust a few weeks ago at no extra cost. just a data point for anyone that was part of that group buy and is unhappy with their HP version. i worked all of this out with jerry but i am not sure if he's with the company anymore.

Just to add a bit of information. I bought the Titanium Meisterschafts in the second group buy. I have them off the car right now because I am preparing for the biannual Swiss inspection. I took the opportunity to pass a cable through the mufflers and sure enough they went strait through. This means they are of the helmholtz resonator type and will have essentially zero insertion loss (maximum power potential).
    Silver/black
    Dinan S2 package: headers, throttle bodies, oversized MAFs, airfilters, anti-roll bars, lightweight flywheel
    Dinan by Brembo brake kit and monoball control arm bushings
    BBS forged individual wheels
    Quaife differential, 3.64:1 final drive
    Meisterschaft GT titanium mufflers
    K&W 3 way adjustable competition monotube dampers and monoball adjustable mounts
    CDV delete

Quote Originally Posted by candersoh View Post
    i wanted to add a quick note about the z8 spec exhaust from GT Haus. i was part of the group buy several years ago and received the HP version instead of the correct z8 spec. GT Haus stood firmly behind their error and sent me the correct exhaust a few weeks ago at no extra cost. just a data point for anyone that was part of that group buy and is unhappy with their HP version. i worked all of this out with jerry but i am not sure if he's with the company anymore.
    This is great news. I've heard of several cases like this. Hopefully, this is a sign of their service going forward.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    Question for candersoh on timing: is it correct that you ordered the exhaust several years ago and now just in the past few weeks they sent you the correct one? Just trying to clear up any confusion, not looking to point fingers or anything. It seems they did the right thing by you.

It took them almost a year to get me the right one after the "Mis hap" in the group order... I think he only recently pursued it.

Z8Mania
    Makes sense. Hey, we all make mistakes, the thing that matters is what we do next.