Thread: BMW Z8 Club e.V. - Extraordinary Member's Meeting

BMW Z8 Club e.V. - Extraordinary Member's Meeting

All members should have received the invitation to an extraordinary meeting on July 1st in Frankfurt via email by now.
    This thread shall serve to answer any question around the meeting that you may have.

The biggest question is certainly this one:
    How can a member ensure that his vote is counted?

As stated in other threads, and referring to the By-laws, we have to follow the current rules, which say:
    - physical presence, or
    - proxy for a person who is physically present at the meeting

Let me try to explain the options. We checked very carefully with lawyers all variants of voting by email, phone conference, written letter, and others. All this is not possible according to the bylaws and governing German laws. So it has to be phyiscal presence.

The only alternative is a proxy vote:

?10, 2. At the General Meeting members and associate members have one vote each, proxies are admissible only through another member or associate member. The proxy is to be given in writing, dated and shall provide the proxy holder with the date of the meeting the proxy is to be held for as well as the necessary voting instructions. A member or associate member can hold a maximum of three (3) only.
    "given in writing" means handwritten signatures, no copies, no fax, no scan. You received a sample form with the invitation that you will have to print, personally sign, and assign it to a person attending the meeting in person. He/she will have to show the hand-signed form to the Chair of the meeting.

May we also ask all members to think carefully about directions they give with that proxy statement. Strong allegations have been made by some people, the Board found that these were unsubstantiated, especially in front of the unanimous discharge of the former Board at the last AGM in Schweinfurt. We will do everything possible do clarify open issues, if needed, to help you form a fair and just opinion.

I want to be very clear here:
    The Board is very unhappy that we can not offer you a better solution for this meeting. We strongly support a change of the bylaws to allow for better choices in the future. This is one of the areas where the Club has to react to the fact that it has really become an international Club. Such a change could happen at the next annual meeting, but not this one.
    So for now we are stuck with the current regulations, and there is no way to change this. We feel very sorry for this.

This is a very important meeting, and the Board wants to ensure that the voice of the members is heard as much as possible, no matter which way the election goes. So whoever is planning to come to Germany anyway, please come and join us for this meeting.

Please allow me this personal statement:
    I'll buy a nice dinner with wine for every US member who joins us in Frankfurt, no matter what he/she will vote for.
    Best regards, Dieter

For all the US members, if you want to hand sign a printed out proxy and mail it to me I will send all your unopened letters in a single FedEx to the Club, to save on postage.

Send it to The Z8 Club e.V
    c/o Andrew Macpherson
    8278 Hollywood Bl
    LA, CA, 90069
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Andrew, this is not sufficient. You will also have to assign these proxies to members attending the meeting.
    Best regards, Dieter

Z8Mania
    Thanks Dieter. I wish I could take you up on the offer. In the mean time I will figure out a proxy.

It appears that we must use care in not having more than three proxies assigned to an attending member or we will run into the same problem of disqualified votes. Can we start a list of people who are certain to attend and pair them with three of our proxies?

That is a good plan for blanket proxies. Are we going to get proxies with specific voting items where we could write in our votes for the board?
    thegunguy

So the big meeting is this very Sunday, and the future of the Club will decided for once and for all.

My best wishes go to our outgoing President and his wife, J?rgen & Sylvi, who have done so much to make Z8'ing such an incredible, special and memorable part of the last eight or so years. Whoever follows in their footsteps has some very large shoes to fill with the incredible planning and organizing of the amazing events we who've traveled to Europe have been lucky enough to enjoy.

Thank you for all you have done for us!
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    My best wishes go to our outgoing President and his wife, J?rgen & Sylvi, who have done so much to make Z8'ing such an incredible, special and memorable part of the last eight or so years. Whoever follows in their footsteps has some very large shoes to fill with the incredible planning and organizing of the amazing events we who've traveled to Europe have been lucky enough to enjoy.

Thank you for all you have done for us!

Many, many, many thanks to J?rgen and Sylvi. I don't think I've ever met better event organizers, and their passion for the continuing enjoyment of the Z8 is without equal.

Anxious to hear about the meeting...
    thegunguy

Hi everybody,
    I am still in the meeting room but thought you might want to hear the information asap.

Election result:
    President: Sonja Tietz
    Finances: Joachim Raczek
    Technics: Dieter Weidenbrueck
    PR: Christian Schmidt (USA)
    Sports/Tourism: William Stauffer

Everything went smoothly, all votes were counted. A good day for the Club, albeit a sad day seeing J?rgen and Sylvi leave.

Welcome to the first American member on the Board!
    Best regards, Dieter

Thanks Dieter. This is great news for the continued enjoyment and longevity of the Z8, and having the first non-German board member is a good move for such an international club.
    thegunguy

Thank you Christian. I'm sure it will be a lot of work, but hopefully rewarding, and definitely appreciated by everyone.

Great news all round, thanks for the update Dieter.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Thank you Dieter and thank you J?rgen for your hard work and contributions. Best wishes to the new officers.

Team Z8
    I too would like to thank all of you whose dedication and hard work makes our ownership of this special car so much more enjoyable. In a few years when the work has ended and the kids are on their own I will greatly look forward to meeting you all personally.

Thumbs up

A big THANK YOU to the outgoing board for all that has been accomplished since the Club's formation.

I had the privilege to participate in the BMW Z8's 10 year anniversary celebration in Munich where visiting international members were provided with an assortment of the latest M vehicles for personal transportation during the days of festivities. One first class drive, event, reception followed the other - in short an organizational master piece all board members along with their supporters should be thanked and credited for.

I have also had the privilege to visit with Juergen Wunderlich, our outgoing president, and his lovely wife Sylvi in Germany where I saw first hand their 24/7 devotion to all things Z8, the wealth of information and contacts they had established over the years together with their loyal and equally dedicated board members.

Going forward I would like to strengthen the ties of our North American members with the Club through communication and increase the membership along the way. The Club has much to offer and such potential to improve our ownership experience. Creating awareness and motivating participation is the challenge I am taking on and seeking everybody's support for.

Stay tuned and PLEASE chime in!

Christian.

Christian, having you on the board should be a great move in keeping an international, and particularly a North American, perspective. Things like dues payment, proxies, etc. are areas that are a little shaky for an international organization these days. The Club has been amazing, but the possibility of it being even more "global" is really cool.
    thegunguy

Thank you Rifle. I am excited about this opportunity and rely on everybody's support.

Looking forward to seeing you no later than on our Napa drive.

Christian.