Thread: Iowa BMW CCA Spring Drive

Iowa BMW CCA Spring Drive

Had a great day with the Iowa Club members driving though the spring time countryside. The weather is unusually warm and yesterday was perfect for top down driving. We met in Pella, the Tulip capital of Iowa, stopping for lunch at Appaloosa Rapids Brewing Company continuing to the Antique Airplane Association and the Airpower Museum. After touring the museum the group started the trip home with sun warming the temperature to almost a record.

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Great shots and report, thanks for sharing!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Nice! Very quaint town. Can't be too many Z8's in Iowa.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

I thought that looked like Pella! I went there the summer after I got my Z8 (not with my car). My wife has family in Albia. What a great trip it was. I remember finding a toy car in a junk shop in the back of a bait shop. It was a black and cream 507, about 1/18th scale, of low quality. What a random find in Iowa. I should have bought it, seems like someone was trying to tell me something.

great trip and pics !!
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Thank you for the nice comments even if the cars are not as exciting as on some of these other posts - I know Iowa does not have many exotics and possibly has only a couple of Z8 owners whom I have not met. Anyway, it is great to have a nice drive with other car enthusiasts and at the end of the day it really is not about the car you drive but about the enjoying whatever you drive.

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S