Thread: 2003 Z8 (#61947) Silver/Black - Sold

2003 Z8 (#61947) Silver/Black - Sold

For our records this car just sold for asking price through EnthusiastAuto.com. It had it's book included, though not sure about the hard top stand and all the other little bits and bobs.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Stupid low miles... awesome price (for us)

The Z8 is riding on a resurgence of popularity over the last two months. The cars are selling quickly at asking price.

• Thawing of the economy?
    • Supply (dwindling number of US cars) and demand economics?
    • Spring time weather when a young man's fancy turns to convertibles?

The Z8 truly is a fun car to drive, and I never tire looking at it...
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    I think a lot of people are realizing what wonderful cars Z8's are and they are getting harder to find, especially good ones. I currently have requests from three different buyers to have me find them a car.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

As modern cars get more complex, computerized and numb, the simplicity, honesty and directness of the Z8 becomes more appealing? Nahhh, most people who want one, probably have no idea what it is like to drive.

Z8Mania
    I think its all of the above. Its also a kind of modern classic and as the vintage scene keeps appreciating (sustainable?) it will pull along other things, like the Z8.

Z8 Madness
    Good to see prices going up on the Z8. But, honestly, I think some of it might be inflation or anticipated inflation and I'm not talking about the kind of inflation reported by the feds.
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

Funny. My car's worth nothing...seeing how it will never leave the family.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    I guess you could say (reminds me of the movie "Kingdom of Heaven") : What's the Z8 worth?

NOTHING!

EVERYTHING!

The last few years my uneducated, anecdotal observations are the chances of lower sales prices are from September/October through December/January (maybe fewer cars sell then) but seem to firm up February through August.

The sub 10K mile cars sell the fastest at the premium prices, but because the 20K mile cars seem to sit longer, I still think a price break occurs at 20K miles and again at 40K. This may shift to more miles as the cars age.

Still, maybe higher prices on lower mile cars will trickle down.

Condition, lots of owners and mysterious Carfax entries can trump all. One car with 20k miles may require little work and another with the same mileage may require $20k. Buyers are not stupid.
    Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

EAG
    For the Board's info, this Z8 was 100% complete other than the cardboard box for the hardtop and cardboard box for the Motorola cell phone. The coffee table book is intact, but for a 2001 Titanium/Red Z8. The car is going to a great home. The owner has taken our recommendations for upgrades on this Z8 -we are installing Michelin Super Sports and a full 3M clear bra before she leaves next week.

That sounds great, and feel free to post any other cars you have here, as we run the board as an open (free) resource for sellers and buyers.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    I spoke with Eric from EAG at length on the phone and I can state quite comfortably that he is, like I am, an expert on these cars. I would feel comfortable buying a Z8 or any other BMW from him based upon his description. Unlike the Sports Car Company, EAG accurately represents the condition of their cars.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

EAG
    Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    That sounds great, and feel free to post any other cars you have here, as we run the board as an open (free) resource for sellers and buyers.

Andrew - Thank you. Of all the boards I've experienced throughout the years, this board has the most useful information, educated owners and least amount of typical forum 'banter'. I look forward to working with many of the members on this board. We work hard to find the best possible vehicles in the marketplace and ensure they stay in deserving and loving homes. We sell all our vehicles with a "first right or refusal" policy and have bought all our cars back in 12 years of business.

Quote Originally Posted by hayvenhurstkid View Post
    I spoke with Eric from EAG at length on the phone and I can state quite comfortably that he is, like I am, an expert on these cars. I would feel comfortable buying a Z8 or any other BMW from him based upon his description. Unlike the Sports Car Company, EAG accurately represents the condition of their cars.
    Marty, Thank you. It has been a pleasure getting to know you. We are on the same page and it is a great to get someone on the phone that can speak the entire car language fluently. I appreciate the endorsement.