Thread: Decorative Chrome on Rollover Bars

Sport Button On

Decorative Chrome on Rollover Bars

Mine are rather pitted and I have ordered new ones from BMW. Does anyone know how to disassemble the rollover bars to exchange them?

The chrome rings at the base slide up, then the "flap/door" on the top/back of the seat folds out, revealing the bolts. Et voila!

I was looking up this disassembly/assembly procedure on the link provided by Andrew under the "Service and long term care..." thread when Norcal was writing his post. If you want pictures to go along with the words, here's the link:
    http://tis.spaghetticoder.org/s/view.pl?1/06/18/47
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

If you haven't already, you might work some fine polish on them. I've noticed that they'll build up a patina that I've removed in te past. It could be mistaken for pitting.
    thegunguy

Sport Button On
    Thank you all for your prompt replies. You make it look so easy! Unfortunately it really is pitting. Chris

Chris,

Where are you located? I'd be happy to help you change them out. I done my other Z and it is pretty straight forward.
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Sport Button On

Rollover bars

Hi Scott,

That is very kind of you and thank you for the thought but I think I'm rather a long way from you - England!!!

Chris