Thread: New Years Day - The Movie

New Years Day - The Movie

This fifteen minute clip shows the quality of the new Replay cmera, it is a significant step up from the old GoPro HD units we used in Cambria.

This is a long one camera angle ride meant to be enjoyed after dinner, with a glass of wine and a cigar....

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I wondered why the color was so good. I got the new GoPro from my son for Xmas... I'll have to check if the quality is better than the old one. How was the interface etc on the one you used?

It's pretty easy to use. It took me a moment to figure it out with the instructions, but after that initial learning curve it was easy. It'd not all that different from the GoPro.
    Andrew Macpherson

I looked at a bunch of comparison vids on YT between the Replay and the GoProHD. To my eyes, I prefer the Replay. The GoPro was over saturated, too contrasty, and quite warm in almost every comparison. I'm a relative video novice, but it would seem that it would be easier to add contrast, etc. as needed rather than dial it back. I also prefer the Replay's lens. The GoPro by comparison had much more barrel distortion. I also like the bullet style case of the Replay for fitting it to mounts and stuff.
    thegunguy

Yeah, I'd give the Replay the nod, but neither are as great as say this one - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mera_Head.html
    Andrew Macpherson

For its size, the new mirror-less Nikon would probably look amazing. Too bad they're so proud of it. It's kind of a neat kit.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    Nice!!!!!!!

Does the replay have any kind of remote? How would the quality be for clicking off stills while driving?

No remote, but it will do stills, however they won't even be iPhone good.
    Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On
    Hi Andrew, how I envy you - your sunny climes and deserted roads! Lovely photography as usual. Chris

More than anything it was the land and the roads that made me immigrate to Calfornia, it is a drivers paradise!
    Andrew Macpherson