Thread: Buyers Beware!!!!!!!!!!!

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar

Exclamation Buyers Beware!!!!!!!!!!!

Two months ago I looked at two different Z8's at The Sports Car Company in La Jolla for a potential buyer in London. As most of you know, I am an expert on Z8's. One car I flatly rejected and the second one I said was a nice car but had foggy headlights, delaminating dashboard, broken top strings, and a broken radio. I informed the potential buyer the car was really nice but needed about $7,500 worth of work to repair those items. I did what I was paid to do; do a thorough inspection and report back honestly to the buyer. He decided to pass on the car.
    Fast forward to today and the same place in La Jolla has an all black 2003 Z8 that a buyer in New York wants me to inspect. The owner said the car was complete and perfect. When the owner found out the potential buyer wanted me to come and look at the car, he refused the request!! Must be hiding something. Just want to let any potential buyers out there know to be very wary of any description of a car's condition given by The Sports Car Company. If the car is so perfect like they say it is, why won't they let me look at it? I report my findings to the potential buyer who has paid me to give an honest report on the car they are interested in buying. I find it astounding they won't let me look at the car.
    P.S. I did not have another car to sell to the buyer in London as the owner of Sports Car Company seems to think. I drove the 120 miles to look at the two cars hoping they would be up to my standards. I did mention that there was a possible black/crema 2001 for sale in Northern California but that car never materialized, and I never mentioned it until several days later.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

They do seem to be a pretty shifty and dodgey operation overall, and I certainly wouldn't buy anything from them without getting it fully checked out.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Well Said

BTW, He did agree after I said there was no way I was paying 118k for a car that I cant inspect.. I told him that Marty came highly recommended. They apparently have a euro buyer bidding on the entire colection of cars he has on ebay. I have to have Marty go by Tuesday or they have another buyer. I hope it checks out as I am tired of looking. (Now I like the Blk with Blk and red interior as well)

Found another one on Auto Trader with 28k for 98,000 has anyone seen it? Owner said he had many people look at it and bid but only offers in the 80's which he will not take. Seems reasonable but no PP and rims and tires are Alpina, the others were stolen from a warehouse.

Thanks for all the advice. I Listen...

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    I bet they do not have another buyer. They told me two months ago that the black/crema 2001 car was sold. Guess what? Still sitting there.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Marty, the good thing about this community is that info is readily available. I expect that as these cars continue to garner collectors' interest, more and more people will come here for the final word. In addition, those of us in here know that you are "THE go to guy." The dealer(s) are just shooting themselves on the foot.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Indeed, and just to make sure that those in the market, but not forum members get the heads up on the shady Sports Car Company I made it a sticky in the public 'For Sale' section.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.