Thread: 2002 Z8 an E52/S62 body/engine?

Z8 Novice

2002 Z8 an E52/S62 body/engine?

I'm trying to order parts and often see references to body/engine models rather than car models. I've seen a couple of body models listed under the Z8 drop-downs, and am still confused, even after reading the manual.

Can anyone verify if my standard titanium-blk Z8, not the Alpina, is an E52 body with S62 engine (it has the 4.94l M5 engine).

Any recommendations on replacement pedals (prefer brushed aluminum with rubber inserts, similar to ACS) is greatly appreciated!
    Kerry

It is an e52 chassis with an s62 motor.

The Alpina is also an e52, but I'm not sure what it's motor designation is.

I would love to get a full pedal set made up too, there have been several almost right ones, but none that are perfect. I'd really like to combine the look, style and finish of the ACS with the heel/toe friendly Skaggs pedals. I'll see if I can get someone to make something up, as I think it would be good for us all.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    Hi

look on attached picture (original ACS Pedals).

All the best from Switzerland

Pascal

Z8 Novice

Nice pedals!

Nice "original"(?) pedals. They used standard rubber for my car, and possibly all USA cars. Another European benefit!

I'll join you, Andrew, if you can find somebody to make the pedals described. Thanks for looking!
    Kerry

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by kbz80
    Nice "original"(?) pedals. They used standard rubber for my car, and possibly all USA cars. Another European benefit!

I'll join you, Andrew, if you can find somebody to make the pedals described. Thanks for looking!
    Kerry
    Hi Kerry

in Europe original are in black rubber (same like in US).I changed to the ACS (for about $ 200,-- all incl.). I think you will find it on Ebay for a good price, they are the same then you have to fit on a 3 or 5-Series BMW, very easy....

all the best from Switzerland

Pascal

Z8 Novice
    Hi Pascal,

Thanks for the info! I've contacted sellers on eBay regarding the ACS pedal for 3 and 5 series, and two that I contacted claim it will not fit the Z8. Perhaps they are mistaken? I find a lot of ignorance at BMW and third-party parts suppliers regarding the Z8...I do like the look and possible grip improvement, and a special run of nice pedals may be awhile in the future.

I travel a lot to Zurich, Paris, and Munich and was discouraged to find MBZ S500 taxies to be so common. Sooooo, I traded in my SL500 for the Z8, and my only worry, at this time, is availability of spare parts. I use the Z8 as a daily driver (though use the bumper car for airports and city use), enjoying road-runs from my house in the hills to my company at Stanford University research park. A great run, though without the panorama of the lake and mountain drive from Zurich to leichtenstein.

Happy motoring!
    Kerry

Don't rush on pedals.....

the EBay ones are ACS knock offs, and not that good, already tried that!

I can confirm that we will have a purpose made pedal set soon, so please just be a little patient!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.