Thread: Very sad to tell all of you!

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Very sad to tell all of you!

But I sold the Z this week.....my wife was hospitalized at Christmnas; her Crohn's disease of 29 years is flaring; and she has needed me home round the clock;nusing are too($$$) my sons school of which we moved into the new school district is NOT what we thought it would be; 1 teacher, 26 kids and 6 that speak no english so the teacher is working more with those children, now private school starts in January at $1000/month, and I could go on BUT suffice to say its not an expense I need to take on right now. I have sold all my cars with little regret knowing I will and always do get another sports car at some point in time; but the Z has been different; it feels so much more spcecial; it saddens me b/c as you all know I touched up ever nick and fixed everything and JUST put 4 new tires on last month; it sold in 48 hours, not alot but I needed it gone,$98K. He is dealer of hi line cars, bought it for himself. I am sure with low miles I could have waited for $105-$110 range but I did not want to frankly pay the tax and tag due in January....thanks to ALL of you for putting up with me, for my impetuous and lack of control postings, you all have been so wonderful and I hope one day to own one from Cali, that way maybe Dana at Peter Pan has done the suspension etc and then I am done!lol Be well to all in 2012! Max , dogdoc

Team Z8
    Hope to have you back one day.

Best wishes to you and your family. Trying times make cars seem so frivolous and unimportant... which of course they are. As you said, there will always be other opportunities down the road, perhaps even a Z8. Good luck this year.

Ian

Good luck, hope it all works out ok.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sorry to hear Doc.

You will find more opportunities when the time is right?

Where are you located (approximately) ? Reason I ask is I was told by a friend (who also suffers from severe bouts) that Crohn's does not exist in the southerly latitudes. I am not sure how far south you must be. My Gastroenterologist suggested that may be due to less than ideal food prep and therefore more immunity. I thought maybe less Vitamin D?? (just guessing)

Either way, best wishes.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Sorry to hear about this. Best wishes to you and your family.
    thegunguy

Z8 Madness
    Very sorry to hear this. Best wishes.
    62050 - Z8

thnx to all of you !

and Andrew thanx for posting my pics. We live in Atlanta and I guess anything is possible but I have never heard of the southerly thing, best to all! Max

Best of luck.
    -Jimmy C

Maybe it is Ulcerative colitis that is latitude dependent.

Either way best wishes.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Z8Mania
    Sorry to hear Max. I hope your wife's condition improves ASAP.

Very sorry to hear Max. Hope your wife will recover soon.
    Hattat

AF77768 Topasblau / Schwarz

PP installed
    Motorsport 20" style 101 wheels
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Health and family first, good luck with her recovery. Crohn's is a difficult disease, and not enough is understood about its mechanisms. Here's hoping for a long remission and more cars to play with soon.

LLZ8
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Hope 2012 is a much better year for you and your family. Hope to see you back in the Z8 fold someday soon.

Larry

Larry
    2001/Silver/Red-Black

I know you were enthused about the car, but it pales in comparison to your family. Don't worry, there will be Z8's on the market if your circumstances change, and with patience you will find what you want. If not, you had one for a bit, and there are more important things in life. I know I gave you a hard time about posts, but I will miss you.... what am I saying. I was on this board for a long time before becoming an owner. I hope you stay with it and post from time to time.
    Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

Best wishes

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    License Plate: MYBMW Z8
    Eisenmann Mufflers
    Dinan Performance Software

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Hope everything works out for you and your family.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Thanks Charles and to all!

I miss that car already; PS my brother (don't ask me why) sold his black/red interior this week as well; I was suprised at the offers as I believe it is a rare combo compared to my black and silver; 2001, 21K on the speedo.....the highest offer was $88K, he paid $83 from a BMW dealer about 18 months ago. He felt like he could have waited but there is a 83 I believe it is 930 with 1782 miles on the speedo that he is getting and he has always been a Porsche guy. I just never got into them, wish I liked them but I just don't, be well ladies and gents! max

Sorry to hear about this and wishing you and your family well. Health and family first! Stay in touch and I hope you're able to get your hands on another Z8 in the future.