Thread: Senna

Senna

Finally saw the Senna documentary. It is the type of film that stays with you for a few days after.

Would be interested to hear what the F1 fans on the board thought of it.

Btw, it's available via Netflix instant streaming collection (also at amazon instant video, iTunes, etc.)

Senna on imdb

I thought it was simply incredible, the footage at the drivers meetings was so real that it was almost surreal, for that slice of time I really felt I walked and talked with him. Last year there were some amazing documentaries, and this one was without a doubt one of the very best.

It's a shame it didn't get the Oscar, but against Charles Ferguson's Inside Job nothing could be seen as being so important.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thank you for the recommendation! I'm not a hardcore F1 fan, but I felt the documentary was a great tribute to Senna and his dominance as a driver in that era.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

I was most impressed by Senna's handling of Jackie Stewart's critical interview question about the amount of racing incidents he had (I think his career total was 13). The guy was remarkably articulate considering English was not his native tongue. Jackie's head must have been spinning.

BTW: I think Lewis Hamilton had 13 racing incidents this season alone.
    Silver/black
    Dinan S2 package: headers, throttle bodies, oversized MAFs, airfilters, anti-roll bars, lightweight flywheel
    Dinan by Brembo brake kit and monoball control arm bushings
    BBS forged individual wheels
    Quaife differential, 3.64:1 final drive
    Meisterschaft GT titanium mufflers
    K&W 3 way adjustable competition monotube dampers and monoball adjustable mounts
    CDV delete

Sport Button On
    The inside look into the rivalry between Prost and Senna was fascinating.

Can't wait for the Niki Lauda vs James Hunt movie that is currently being made (directed by Ron Howard (A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, among others) and scripted by Peter Morgan (The Queen, Last King of Scotland, Frost/Nixon)).

Quote Originally Posted by keitheva View Post
    The inside look into the rivalry between Prost and Senna was fascinating.

Can't wait for the Niki Lauda vs James Hunt movie that is currently being made (directed by Ron Howard (A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13, among others) and scripted by Peter Morgan (The Queen, Last King of Scotland, Frost/Nixon)).
    yes - i have high hopes for the film - since the folks involved are capable of something good, and the personalities were larger than life - and then there is the Richard Burton connection on top of it for sone non-racing related drama

they've already been shooting at N?rburgring - some photos:

here

and

and here

Damn, I didn't realized they'd started already, wonder what other tracks they're doing?
    Andrew Macpherson

I see the DP for Rush will be Anthony Dod Mantle (Slumdog, 127 hours), so should be exciting visually.

Unfortunately it won't be shot in 3D

If 3D is done right (like James Cameron) it could have given a spectacular driver POV experience...

Speaking of which - which racing film(s) in the past has done the best job of putting one in the driver's seat? (other than the Imax films like Super Speedway)?

TT Closer to the Edge, Imax and 3D - best film of the year!!

Heres a 15 minute taster clip....

Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    TT Closer to the Edge, Imax and 3D - best film of the year!!

Heres a 15 minute taster clip....
    wow, looks great!

thanks for the suggestion