Thread: Multi information display language

Multi information display language

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the language from German to English on the multi function display model E53 MIR fitted to my 2001 Z8.
    I am able to alter the region (Europe, USA, Japan,Oceana, Canada) by using the menu accessible by pressing the select button for 8 seconds on switching on but cannot find a way of changing the language.
    My car was originally supplied to Germany but is now in UK.
    Is a language change possible using BMW dealer equipment.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am still looking for a solution to the language issue on the satnav/radio fitted to my 2001 Z8. The readout on the display and language for satnav directions are in German. Is it possible to alter this to English or do I need an different unit.
    2001 Z8 Silver/Red

Z8Mania
    To change the language to English all you have to do is go into the settings and change the language. My early 2000 car has "D" for German and "GB" for Great Britain. I believe later cars have "USA" as a choice. Ive changed the language a few times just for kicks. Is this choice not available to you?

Many thanks Jerry, I have found the settings menu. For anyone else with the same problem and a limited knowledge of the German language, the word for settings on the German menu readout is Einstellongen
    2001 Z8 Silver/Red

Z8Mania