Thread: The GAWKING even at the dealership!

Sport Button On - DSC Off

The GAWKING even at the dealership!

I had posted that the dealership missed the heated seat button on the passenger side being stuck during the pre-purchase inspection; so I took it to the closer dealership where my brother takes his Z.

The guy who fixed it was so BIG I really thought he would not get the door closed; suffice to say he sanded the switch, and got it working at NO CHARGE!

Anyway, the entire service dept one by one starts coming over to the car, hood goes up, in and out,young guys talking"I hear that thing will fly", etc. It was like the car was a celebrity. The office staff even started coming out to the service area, it was almost embarrassing... ME, I am standing way back out of sight but can still hear; this car still makes a statement even at the dealership some 10 years later.

I am one of 3 cars they see at this dealership and the ONLY z at the other dealership, rare indeed.

I know you guys have experienced this but it was neat for me, yet almost uncomfortable....Max

PS and still getting warranty type work as a second owner of a 10 year old car; they love this model, don't they?

Indeed, it really is special, and though I told this tale last year you most likely won't have caught it. I took my Z8 to the launch of the new Z4 turbo 4 at Laguna Seca this summer as the guest of Roundel, and while there I gave several BMW NA folks rides around the track in it. During the day all of the BMW employees quietly whispered to me, out of official earshot, "This is the best car we've ever made!".

http://bmwz8.us/vbb/showpost.php?p=27633&postcount=11
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Thnx for the link!

Great pics; guess you kind of stole the show,lol, Max

And that's without hearing the holigan pipes on full song around Laguna, which upon reflection was one of the best moments of the entire summer!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Max you're beginning to see what I was telling you about that this car is a keeper. Its very special; people who are "in the know" really know it, but whats interesting is that people who aren't even car people react to it.