Thread: Talking of revolution....

Talking of revolution....

I was fascinated that the revolution is taking a completely different form, the police thugs who are commiting these crimes against us the people are now being publically outed on Facebook.

This really is a revolution, a social revolution, here you see the handy work of an ultimate coward, a thug dressed up like a storm tropper pepper spraying peaceful demonstrators.

Lieutenant John Pike
    Records Unit Manager
    Phone: 530-752-3989
    Cell: 530-979-0184
    [email protected]
    Address: 4005 Cowell Blvd, Apt 616. Davis, CA 95618-6017
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/john-pike/18/a76/879

John Pike | LinkedIn
    www.linkedin.com

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Apparently, the police chief said it was ok - no police were hurt during this action! That's a good thing, right?

Talking of revolution....

let the photoshopping begin...

thegunguy

Z8 Madness
    I'm not going to defend Lieutenant John Pepper Pike. Clearly he was deprived of all things kind. I feel sorry for his wife and children.

Lets not forget that the police are trained to do one thing, which is to go out and resolve an "issue." They are given some tools and training and we may or may not like it, but that's exactly what they applied. In this case, they were instructed to go and clear the field. The person who should be on administrative leave is UC Davis Chancellor Linda Katehi. Her office directed the police, but once the situation turned ugly, disassociated themselves and became critical of the Police. What are the police supposed to do, ask politely for people to go home?

The real issue is that Linda Katehi (and much of the rest of higher administration) was completely out of touch with her students and faculty. No wonder the public perception of UC has been on a decline.
    62050 - Z8

Z8Mania
    I think anyone in a position of authority should use their brain before they inflict pain on someone else. I don't know enough about the video- were the kids sitting there to block a road? How long were they there? But it certainly SEEMS like an unprovoked use of disproportional force on the people sitting down- its not like the protesters here were acting in a violent manner. We've seen videos of people who get pulled over for speeding and then are tazered immediately. These are the exceptions of course, but wheres the outrage when that happens?

What we are beginning to see is the unraveling of the legitimacy of our governments and laws. OWS by itself doesn't scare me, but the unraveling of our society does----- and THAT is one of the goals of OWS: anarchy & chaos to be replaced with Communism.

I have a friend who had Obama for a Constitutional Law professor in Chicago and she is very left wing, but she said he was downright scary, he said if he were ever president, he would find a way to crash our system so it could be replaced with something better. Its amazing to me that people haven't put this together yet. Its what he's doing. ACORN is partly behind OWS and they were behind his presidency. Watch out people.

Saying the "police thugs" would imply that every police officer is a thug, no different then saying every protestor is a thug or bum. Too broad and inaccurate to say in either case. I confess to being biased being the son of a 40 year police officer in a major city. I have seen the other side and can say that there is good and bad on both sides.

Z8Mania
    Thats true. Its become too easy to over generalize. I know several people who are police and theres no way they are "thugs".

The news said the kids were protesting high tuition. Maybe it's a movement that needs a song:

"There's something happening here,
    What it is ain't exactly clear,
    There's a man with a can over there,
    Telling me I got to beware....."

Somehow that doesn't seem to work.

At least they are practical. Instead of wasting time on peace, love and stopping wars, they are focused on getting an affordable education and a job that will provide a decent living. I have high hopes for and confidence in the new generation. We just need to get to 2020 and survive the inflation.

Z8Mania
    Ive got a better song for you:
    Let me tell you how it will be;
    There's one for you, nineteen for me.
    'Cause I?m the taxman,
    Yeah, I?m the taxman.
    IMHO those students and we as a society have bought in to an over simplified dream that everyone should go to a 4 year liberal arts college. Its not right. Not everyone is supposed to go. Its lead to people running up large debt without knowing exactly what its for. Does that sound familiar? Yes it does- its a mirror image of many of the activities of the government.

Don't get me wrong, Im not anti-education- education is the most powerful force there is- but like any tool, you have to use it wisely. We have not. We have used it clumsily; and we are paying the price for that. Why is the rate of college tuition a solid multiple to the rate of health care cost increases- never mind just regular inflation?

For now though, this generation is typical- they've been promised everything and feel entitled to it. That doesn't bestow hope in me.

I do agree that it probably won't be 2020 until we see any kind of turn around.

I just hope they don't ban tires the way they are trying to ban lightbulbs....

We are done on light bulbs. The repeal effort failed. You will be buying bootleg in 2012, so get 'em now.

Z8Mania
    You want to see a revolution- wait until people realize they can't buy their lightbulbs anymore...

Yeah, I refuse point blank to buy those mercury filled toxic bits of junk from China, it is absurd that they are so toxic we can't manufacture them here, and they aren't safe to sit near, or worse still to break or dump. This shows the absolute idiocy of our government, they have lost all sense, and need to be thrown out on their collective ears.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

CFLs...now you've hit a nerve. What a ridiculous waste of time, money, and legislation. They cost 4x the price of incandescents, and they seem to always burn out in a few months, despite the claims of long life. Then there's taking them to the recycle center or DIY store for disposal - such a bother.

Most importantly, their color temperature is HORRID. Neither warm, nor cool - just yuck!
    thegunguy

I purchased some LED replacement 60 watt bulbs last week to see what they were like. Besides the cost they actually do a good job of providing light. Having a few teenagers, who despite being environmentally sensitive refuse to or are incapable of turning out lights in rooms that they leave I am all for saving some electricity. I sound like my dad every time I come home at night and yell at them to turn out the lights! After all, we do need to save our energy guzzling for our cars.......

Z8Mania
    I just don't think we should be told what light bulbs to use. The nanny state has grown too powerful. One thing I like about the CFLs is they draw less power per unit of light generated. In my basement I replaced my incandescent 100 watt bulbs with CFLs that draw 100 watts each but put out like 400 watts worth of light! It was always dark down there and now I can see better. They are huge but I don't have light fixtures in the basement. My problem with every CFL or LED, even the ones that say to the contrary, I have a lighting system in my home and it does not work with those bulbs. ARGH!

Anyway, when the world melts down, and theres no more power plants, we won't have to worry about bulbs I guess....