Thread: Weirdness in Manhattan

Sport Button On

Weirdness in Manhattan

Today I was walking to a meeting on 3rd Ave. and 44th St. in NYC and saw this car pull up and double park. It was trailed by a black Denali with some type of support crew. At first I thought it was some type of modified Lexus LFA or a kit car. On the back it said Zenvo. Check it out on google. I thought it was awkward looking. I'm sure I'll never see another one.

But it comes with a free watch! (Wikipedia)

Zenvo Automotive was founded in 2004. The prototype was completed in December 2008 and after the final phase of testing, production began in 2009. The designation of the car is Zenvo ST1. Only 15 cars are to be built and will be sold to approved customers.
    The Zenvo ST-1 is now being sold in the United States with production being limited to only 3 cars per year. Distribution is being handled by a California based company by the name of Red Sea Distribution. Cost of the U.S. based model is estimated at 1.8 million USD, which includes a free watch valued at $50,000.

According to Jesper Jensen and Troels Vollertsen, the two-man team behind the ST1, some 50 Bugattis are produced each year. Though they are among the world's most expensive cars, exclusive customers will only buy them if they are unique. That explains why they have decided to keep the Zenvo series down to just 15 cars.

2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Wow, it is a bit of an odd looking car, but at that price the coolest accessory has to be the Denali full of thugs to keep away any pesky meter maids!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I remember the Top Gear crew talking about it a season or two back. 1,100hp from a 7L V8 that is both super and turbo charged. Sounds mental and looks it.
    thegunguy

Typically NYers in the background. Sitting in traffic and not even noticing the car! I love this city. Nothing shocks anyone, not even a $1.8mm car....

And no better place than cross town traffic to test your car to make sure it does not overheat at idle.

Z8Mania
    Drive that down to the protests. Im protesting boring cars!

Mystery solved, The car was in NY for a photo shoot at the Hotel Gansevoort according to the NY Post Photo caption.

I'd love to see it in a better color, something like Lotus's Storm Titanium.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.