Thread: Thoughts: Fall Drive

Thoughts: Fall Drive

A business trip, jet lag and family commitments kept me from sliding behind the wheel of the Z8 for the last three plus weeks. With a clear and cool (60 degree) Fall evening beckoning, I just completed a drive along Crystal Springs Reservoir with long sweeping curves followed by a higher speed drive back home on the freeway. I cannot think of a better vehicle for such escapes. Plenty of torque on tap to get you out of the corners and the sound of that V8 revving up before shifting up to the next gear. Perfect night in the perfect car with the seat warmer on high.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

To much fun! Mine has been up at Dana's for the past month. Starting to feel it.

I know how you feel! But, Iv'e been driving mine daily the last couple weeks, as the weather has been perfect. After all these years, it's still a revelation. Enjoy more... the weather is going to hold a while. Drive up to Napa for the day. And while you are there, drive up the mountain from Auberge, past the resivoir, and left up Pope Valley either all the way to Middletown, then down into Calistoga, or go left at the pope Valley garage (stop and say hi for us, and post a pic) up through Anguine, and back down into the Napa Valley. Amazing... you will see.

Watch out for snakes at the Pope Valley Garage!
    thegunguy

I've been telling my much better half that I'd take her to the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay all summer for a lunch date in the Z8. I better settle that score before heading up to Napa! Besides the drive, a trip to the wine country would an excellent opportunity to stock up on the Corvalle Chardonnay we sampled at the Danville concours.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Good idea... let me know what the grounds are like. I'm swamped this fall, but let me know if you're going, perhaps my wife and I could join you. But with winter coming, not sure Chard is what I'll be stocking up on!

Z8Mania
    Great thread. Happy motoring!! The weather here was good the past few days and I drove my Scud, that car really is a blast to drive. The Z8 goes in tomorrow for the yellow "check engine soon" light- I am hopeful it is merely a faulty sensor and I can get back to happy motoring with her and bring my better half along also.

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Great thread. Happy motoring!! The weather here was good the past few days and I drove my Scud, that car really is a blast to drive. The Z8 goes in tomorrow for the yellow "check engine soon" light- I am hopeful it is merely a faulty sensor and I can get back to happy motoring with her and bring my better half along also.

Check on mine while your there...

Z8Mania
    Okay??????????????

Its been at Peter Pan for the last month or so for new dash headlights and some warning light issues...they had to order a mudule from Germany, etc.

Z8Mania
    I thought so. My car goes to a dealer just a few (thousand) miles away