Thread: Cooling Hoses/Reservoir Replaced

Z8 Master

Cooling Hoses/Reservoir Replaced

I just had my car (2001 Silver/Black 61091) at PeterPan with Dana and had all cooling hoses and reservoir replaced, has anyone had theirs replaced?

Had this done earlier this year.
    thegunguy

Since they are parts that degrade with time, not ware, it must be a good idea every 10 years or so. I'll be doing mine on 61888's 10th birthday next year too, because I don't want to have to deal with them breaking on a drive, and blowing my weekend!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Good idea- I will have this done next year- my car is over 11 years old (built 03/10/2000). Can someone give a ball park figure on what that costs? Im doing it no matter what but just curious what Im in for.

I had my belts replaced at the same time, which is good to do as they have similar life and they share some steps - saving a bit of labor.
    thegunguy

What was the total?

I wonder if it might be an idea to ask Dana to create a 10 year refresh package for us.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I want to say around $1k for the parts and labor. The hoses and tank are special order items from Germany. Dana typically keeps a set or two in stock, including the belts. To my knowledge, he's already recommending it to owners at the ten year mark.
    thegunguy

Shortly after purchasing my Z8, I considered the guidelines in the thread " Engine & Drivetrain: 10 year maintenance - fluids?" to maintain my car at Peter Pan (only 10 minutes from work). In addition to the hoses, reservoir tank and coolant, I changed the motor oil, transmission oil, and differential oil. The power steering fluid was replaced along with a leaky high pressure hose at about the same time. Brake fluid was within recommended frequency for changing so no action was taken at that time.

More detail than originally requested, but just to share my thoughts on maintaining a car I plan to keep...
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Z8Mania
    Sounds good. Thanks for the info. I change my brake fluid once a year along with the oil- Im putting on 1500 miles a year or so. Probably overkill with the brakes but I do that as SOP on all vehicles. Better safe than sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by CastIron View Post
    I just had my car (2001 Silver/Black 61091) at PeterPan with Dana and had all cooling hoses and reservoir replaced, has anyone had theirs replaced?
    Yes... just done with complete service at Peter Pan...far better to do now than tow in for a blown hose? And the new res really freshens the look under the hood....looking at head lights now...I absolulty love this car but some of these little things like the $2000 head lights just do not make sense....especially for something that was well known as defective form early on?...

Z8 Master
    Belts, Hoses, Reservoir, Oil change and all fluids, Battery and 2 MAO Sensors $3,100

Z8Mania
    MAO sensors? Is that the mass airflow?

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    MAO sensors? Is that the mass airflow?
    Yes, but they're made in China.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    You say you want a revolution.........

Quote Originally Posted by Klaney View Post
    Yes... just done with complete service at Peter Pan...far better to do now than tow in for a blown hose? And the new res really freshens the look under the hood....looking at head lights now...I absolulty love this car but some of these little things like the $2000 head lights just do not make sense....especially for something that was well known as defective form early on?...
    I was under the hood of your car this afternoon at Peter Pan. Matt and I were discussing the best methods of getting at the CPS for replacement. You have to love a place where the lead tech will take you back and just show you first hand.

Hope you don't mind me touching your new girl.
    thegunguy

Quote Originally Posted by thegunguy View Post
    I was under the hood of your car this afternoon at Peter Pan. Matt and I were discussing the best methods of getting at the CPS for replacement. You have to love a place where the lead tech will take you back and just show you first hand.

Hope you don't mind me touching your new girl.
    Gun, Thats great....wish I were there.
    They are just the best. Looks like Matt
    will wrap up my list by the end of next week. I will
    Likley have her hauled back....Still planning
    To try loosing the mufflers...Dana doesn't really
    have a shop to do that so I will do it when I get
    The car back here .
    K