Thread: Favorite Z8 Collectable?

Favorite Z8 Collectable?

In addition to THE BOOK is there a "must have" Z8 collectable to complement this BMW? I've read about the Kyosho diecast model car (check), the sales brochure (check that box too) as well as the Fisker lithographs, prelaunch press kit, Z8 dealership flag, BMW Classic certificate, and other goodies.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Z8Mania
    The Z8 itself!

My favorite which isn't an official bit is the crystal block with the Z8 lasered into it. It was something we did as a group buy right back in the early days, and when I tried to order a second batch the manufacturer in Germany had vanished.

The one I like best on the car is my Oregon trip badge.

The next two 'must haves' will be the book that Ian, Jurgen and I want to do, it'll feature all the best pix and stories from the site, and the other is just a possibility, but it is something very special from the Z8 Club depending on the outcome of the decisions taken at this years AGM.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    I really like that one too!!!!

The owners!

Proposed Z8 Book

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    My favorite which isn't an official bit is the crystal block with the Z8 lasered into it. It was something we did as a group buy right back in the early days, and when I tried to order a second batch the manufacturer in Germany had vanished.

The one I like best on the car is my Oregon trip badge.

The next two 'must haves' will be the book that Ian, Jurgen and I want to do, it'll feature all the best pix and stories from the site, and the other is just a possibility, but it is something very special from the Z8 Club depending on the outcome of the decisions taken at this years AGM.
    Your list of current favorite collectables suggest this status was achieved through the great memories these items invoke. Thank you for sharing.

There is so much that could be done with a book on the Z8 ownership experience based on this site. One of my favorite recent readings was "Dinan 461 BHP upgrade & frame alteration issues" because of the technical aspects, reactions to information on potential frame damage and in the end, Dinan's commitment to "Do the right thing" with its customers. Same storyline applies to the strut tower distortion and the 12 month development of the performance package by BMW. Fold in the economic, and social changes of the last 15 years as a subplots...

In other words, count me in as buyer of the book when complete as well as the book signing tour
    My Best,

Ed

Z8Mania
    Great post and great idea. We should consider doing something like that.

The memories of the trips . And the associated photos!

I'm dying to get ahold of the Z8 club luggage kit. If one becomes available I'm first in line.

What's the BMW Classic certificate?
    Silver/black
    Dinan S2 package: headers, throttle bodies, oversized MAFs, airfilters, anti-roll bars, lightweight flywheel
    Dinan by Brembo brake kit and monoball control arm bushings
    BBS forged individual wheels
    Quaife differential, 3.64:1 final drive
    Meisterschaft GT titanium mufflers
    K&W 3 way adjustable competition monotube dampers and monoball adjustable mounts
    CDV delete

Z8Mania
    I would also like to get the luggage set- Im second

The certificate, I think thats the mobile tradition certificate. Ill post up a picture shortly.

Z8Mania
    Here it is... I think its a great addition to the collection.

Thank you Jerry for the photo of your Certificate. The link for ordering is provided below.

http://www.bmw-classic.com/2/webmill.php?id=630867
    My Best,

Ed

Z8Mania
    Sadly you won't get BMW MT anymore.

Z8 Master
    I got a beautiful Z8 Xmas ornament from BMW in the early days. The porcelain sphere is decorated with Z8 motifs in blue and light blue. My kids love it. I also got a commemorative Z8 rectangular platter with similar designs

Team Z8

Hmmm...Never knew about the ownership certificate...

I've got the book, ect...but no certificate. Is it still available from BMW NA?

I also got the Z8 ornament; its a really nice piece; its always front-center on our Xmas tree. There was also a Z8 winter diorama that we saw at the museum shop when we picked up the Z8 and brought back with us.

The certificate is available from BMW on all their cars, not just the Z8. I have it for my M6 and M3.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Season's Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by CastIron View Post
    I got a beautiful Z8 Xmas ornament from BMW in the early days. The porcelain sphere is decorated with Z8 motifs in blue and light blue. My kids love it. I also got a commemorative Z8 rectangular platter with similar designs
    With the holidays fast approaching, here's a picture of the Christmas Ornament I was able to locate on eBay. Of all collectables I've purchased, this one is still my favorite.
    Name:  Pure Joy.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  105.6 KB
    My Best,

Ed

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    That is very nice Ed!
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-acht View Post
    That is very nice Ed!
    Thank you Ton. I was lucky to find the ornament. I also have a couple of Kyoho red/black die cast models, with one autographed by Fisker. I found two black/red Z8 models by Hot Wheels and by AutoArt. The detail on the AutoArt Z8 to my eye is the best. I have the US and EU sales brochures as well as a US flyer on the Z8. Fun stuff!
    My Best,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by EDEZ8 View Post
    Thank you Ton. I was lucky to find the ornament. I also have a couple of Kyoho red/black die cast models, with one autographed by Fisker.
    Wow that is very special! Lock it away! I got this week the glicee print from Car Art of the black/red car

It is signed by Fisker. I love it....it is our car although it is probably a watercolor of the Z07 Only the real water color is available now for a very reduced price. He also has some other nice glicee prints of the well known sketches of the car

I found two black/red Z8 models by Hot Wheels and by AutoArt. The detail on the AutoArt Z8 to my eye is the best.
    I agree with you that the AutoArt is very well detailed, parts are sculpted finer than Kyosho. On the other hand I have a 1:12 Kyosho with astonishing details. A very rare model which I have seen been sold 3 times in the past 6 months. It is funny that our black/red car with only 324 1:1 cars has so many model versions. I have a line up from 1:87 to 1:12

I have the US and EU sales brochures as well as a US flyer on the Z8. Fun stuff!
    Sure! as a new owner I had to catch up with about 11 years of ownership in which longtime owners collected all kinds of Z8 automobilia ....so I bought quite a lot lately
    Ton

I've been seeking the 1:12 scale model of the Kyosho Black/Red Z8, and just missed out on one earlier this year. So the search continues, which for me is part of the fun. Congratulations on the print, which is just stunning. I have room designated at my home as a future "man cave" a US term for a guy to put up a big screen TV, keep a portable refrigerator stocked with beer and walls to hang stuff up. My plan is to display Z8 collectibles in this room.
    My Best,

Ed

I got this week the glicee print from Car Art of the black/red car
    That is beautiful!

I found this many years ago on ebay. It even has a BMW part number! The level of detail for a 1/87 scale model is quite good. The car is only 2 inches long!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EDEZ8 View Post
    I've been seeking the 1:12 scale model of the Kyosho Black/Red Z8, and just missed out on one earlier this year.
    I will keep a look out in Europe

So the search continues, which for me is part of the fun. Congratulations on the print, which is just stunning. I have room designated at my home as a future "man cave" a US term for a guy to put up a big screen TV, keep a portable refrigerator stocked with beer and walls to hang stuff up. My plan is to display Z8 collectibles in this room.
    True, my search became a hunt I got a german press CD with wonderful pictures and this print I made for my cave

Ton

Quote Originally Posted by zilver8 View Post
    That is beautiful!

I found this many years ago on ebay. It even has a BMW part number! The level of detail for a 1/87 scale model is quite good. The car is only 2 inches long!!!
    Really very nice: I think it as a Herpa. I repainted one of these in the colors of my car.
    Ton

True, my search became a hunt I got a german press CD with wonderful pictures and this print I made for my cave

That print is really cool, Have you thought of making some high end copies available for purchase?
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Z8Mania
    You cant sell those as it would be copyright infringement- or at least I think it would be. I printed up a ton of those shots and printed them out on a good printer and had them framed and they now adorn my garage.

Sounds like I need to find the CD.

2000 Red over black

I have everything here, I can Dropbox you any of the original Press images, just click on the HISTORY tab over to the left.
    Andrew Macpherson

10-4

Thanks!

Wait, You mean the History forum itself?
    2000 Red over black

Andrew Macpherson

Ah, Thank you. I had not looked at those in a while and forgot the cutaway picture was in there.
    2000 Red over black