Thread: Top 100 List

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Top 100 List

Well, bad news the Z8 didn't make this list of the top 100 cars of all time. http://www.insideline.com/features/t...-all-time.html

But a Mazda Miata did and other non worthy cars.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    I would agree with about 25 of the cars on the list. The rest they can keep. Not putting a Z8 on the list when a Prius is? Enough said.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Z8Mania
    That list ain't my list! I think you could make an argument for the impact the Prius has had.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    True, but out here in LA, at least as I see it, the Prius is the "Hollywood celebrity" car of choice. They are all out doing their part for the enviroment, but what you don't see is the Ferrari, Bentley, and Escalade at home. I do though when I am delivering new cars. I just delivered a Prius to a big celebrity last week and the cars that were present at the house were not exactly gas sippers. I don't know, I am all for saving the enviroment, but I guess I go about it in different ways. I refuse to drive unsafe small cars, which I consider dangerous, with all the soccer moms out there in their Suburbans paying no attention to their driving. I want a chance to walk away if I get T Boned by one of them.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Z8Mania
    Marty, I am pretty close to your point of view. I think one thing people don't consider is the total life cycle of the vehicle. If they did, a car like a VW Jetta diesel might be more appealing. In Europe they have BMW 120d which can get over 50mpg while doing a steady 75 MPH. Thats better than a Prius. Its funny because I drive very slowly in our local area but when I get on the highway if its clear, I will drive my car at an appropriate speed The soccer moms are seemingly the opposite- they blast through our local streets but then hog the highway. GRRRRR. The celebs are just worried about their image- and I can't blame them- they make a living off how people feel about them. Maybe some of them might consider a Volt, or a Fisker Karma.

Z8 Master
    I would NOT include that list in the "Best 100 Car Lists of all time" LOL

I'm sorry...did Nancy P. write this rediculace list... Nissan Leaf...please that's not a car it's an appliance

Z8 Madness
    The problem with lists is that anybody can create one.

On the subject of Prius, we had one many years back. Not to save the environment or look cool, but to take advantage of the HOV sticker program, which at the time was a good way to shave off 30% of the time my wife spent commuting to work. That program has ended for hybrids, but continues to exist for NGV and pure electric cars. For those that commute, that is a BIG advantage.
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

Is this the most ridiculous list ever or what? The 1990 Lexus LS 400 in 49th place, please. I still have the magazine where the 1990 BMW 750iL (e32) cleaned its clock and to say that is "A brilliant luxury car that bested the Germans in several ways for a lot less money. It invented a brand and reinvented a genre," its not just uninformed but dumb. That refrigerator on wheels did no such thing.

Also, as much as I love my e36 M3 (31 on the list), it can't hold a candle to my Z8. Did my mom write this list?
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Guys...come on....the list was created by a free lance writer who is paid a fee to submit the printed word. It would be interesting to see where he got his data and whom did he consult for an opinion on the cars on the list. I wonder if Edmonds, who I personally trust, researched any of this.

If this list was in any way shape or form accurate, we all know that the #1 car would be a Yugo.

Geez!
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black