Thread: Removing old gas from tank

Sport Button On

Removing old gas from tank

Is there an easy and safe way to remove fuel from the Z8. I understand this can't be done through the filler neck as they are now made to prevent this.

Lanny

I have never done this, but I am certain there must be a safe way to do so. I have it in my memory that the fuel injection system in never meant to get dry, though I can't remember why, but if that's right you might want to leave a little in the very bottom.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    I believe the dealer can do this for you.

Z8 Madness
    I learned from a guy that was taking care of a very large car collection to keep no more than 1/4 tank of gas in the Z8. This is the same guy that I purchased my new 03 Z8 from. A once a month 10-20 mile drive followed by 1-2 gallons of fresh fuel will both stir things up and recycle about 40% of the old fuel with new. This is a good long term solution to the fuel problem. I admit, I'm paranoid about adding stabilizer stuff.

This, however does go against the common advise of storing the car with a full tank of fuel.
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

Z8Mania
    I was told basically the same thing. But I can go through a tank faster that so I go through the tank and then go through it again. For winter storage of a few months I try to put it away with enough to get to the gas station so I can burn it off.