Thread: 21" Classic rims from Alpina

21" Classic rims from Alpina

The evolution of the traditional 20-spoke 21? ALPINA CLASSIC wheels underline the fresh design language found throughout the B7 Bi-Turbo and impart it a distinctive appearance and powerful stance. These rims are shown here on a Z8 for size comparison.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I like the design of the new Alpina wheels but those are really big on the Z8! Here's another shot of the Z8 I found online...

Z8Mania
    Im afraid Im not a big fan. Just too big and the styling is too hard edged. Looks great on the B7 though.

Z8 Madness
    Not for me.

I keep thinking of gunguys's comment about jet engine fans ...
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

Sport Button On - DSC Off Old Baillie's Avatar
    I want them!
    Alpina, Silver/Black

Quote Originally Posted by Old Baillie View Post
    I want them!
    Do it! I like them too. I like the turbine effect.

I like rubber. 19" is the max for me on a Z8. I saw a 1966 Ferrari 330GT this weekend with 16" wheels and a whole lotta sidewall. Delicious. Anyone whanna photoshop that on a Z8?
    Silver/black
    Dinan S2 package: headers, throttle bodies, oversized MAFs, airfilters, anti-roll bars, lightweight flywheel
    Dinan by Brembo brake kit and monoball control arm bushings
    BBS forged individual wheels
    Quaife differential, 3.64:1 final drive
    Meisterschaft GT titanium mufflers
    K&W 3 way adjustable competition monotube dampers and monoball adjustable mounts
    CDV delete

Quote Originally Posted by ZMates View Post
    I like rubber. 19" is the max for me on a Z8. I saw a 1966 Ferrari 330GT this weekend with 16" wheels and a whole lotta sidewall. Delicious. Anyone whanna photoshop that on a Z8?
    I think 19 is perfect for handling. 20 for looks, or as you say, wires on 16s or similar. I have Photoshoped it, as well as C-type Dunlop racing wheels! Not sure where those are right now.

These Alpina wheels would have been prettier if the outward curve was complete and not lopped off. Still, I think 21" is way too much for the Z8, especially for a radial design like this that will visually read even larger. They look good on the hefty 7, but on the smaller Z8, I'm afraid they'd come off as the shoes wearing the girl, not the other way around.

Also, while it's always tough to compare colors in photos from different cameras, lighting, locations, etc. the photos in the original post really show how Alpina blue is so much better than the flat Topaz. I really think that the ?ber-rare Alpina blue over sport red is my favorite Z8 combo.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    I completely agree Rifle. On the B7, they look fantastic, on the Z8, not so much. Here are some pics from last summer.

That's one sweet pair of BMWs. Nice!

Gorgeous pair!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    I have Photoshoped it, as well as C-type Dunlop racing wheels! Not sure where those are right now.
    Are they on the site? Would love to see it.
    Silver/black
    Dinan S2 package: headers, throttle bodies, oversized MAFs, airfilters, anti-roll bars, lightweight flywheel
    Dinan by Brembo brake kit and monoball control arm bushings
    BBS forged individual wheels
    Quaife differential, 3.64:1 final drive
    Meisterschaft GT titanium mufflers
    K&W 3 way adjustable competition monotube dampers and monoball adjustable mounts
    CDV delete

Jerry, your color taste is suspect.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    HAHA- thanks fellas. Black is great color, glorious when clean. But dirty 5 minutes later

Quote Originally Posted by ZMates View Post
    Are they on the site? Would love to see it.
    Here is the C-type version I did a few years ago, and wire wheels borrowed from the aston (I've matched the wheelbase)