Thread: BMW Vintage Tour in Canada

BMW Vintage Tour in Canada

Dirk sent in these shots today from the road with the Vintage BMW Group's Canadian Tour.

We are on tour with BMW Vintage & Classic Car Club in British Columbia. There are 5 Z8 in the group. We are in the yellow '71 2002 Cabriolet. As promised, I will send you some pics from time to time as the tour progresses. There is really no coordinated effort to take pictures of the vehicles and the owners don't seem to care too much, so the pictures will be somewhat "iffy".. Sorry about that..

Thanks Dirk, and have the best drive!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thanks Dirk! Looks like a fun adventure.

Todays update from Dirk....

Two of the three British entrants. The red car is a '60 AC Ace powered by a 2-liter, 6 cylinder, triple carburated Bristol engine which was based on the pre-war BMW 328 engine, hence its eligibility to participate in this tour. The Z8 belongs to the Z8 Club's UK representitive, Michael Coates, both shipped in from the UK to participate in this tour.

Andrew Macpherson

That AC is really pretty.

Would be a really fun drive up in BC with a Z8!

One of my most memorable drives was an early morning drive from Jasper down to Vancouver. Beautiful road, beautiful scenery and the road was empty - couldn't really ask for more.

Quote Originally Posted by biffom View Post
    Would be a really fun drive up in BC with a Z8!

One of my most memorable drives was an early morning drive from Jasper down to Vancouver. Beautiful road, beautiful scenery and the road was empty - couldn't really ask for more.
    On my list for a future trip!

Todays update from Dirk....

Roads are great. The ferry from Port Hardy to Prince Rupert and the road from Prince Rupert to Prince George was long and boring. From there on to Jasper and Lake Louise, where we arrived today, it is absolutely stunning.

I was the first one to get a speeding ticket though, 116 kph on a 100 kph highway. So we are taking it easy in the 2002 cabriolet and enjoying the scenery. In the background is Mount Robson.

Andrew Macpherson

Today's update from Dirk....

Yesterday was a rest day at Lake Louise. Today we continued our tour to the Kootenay Lake region. Lunch stop was at St. Eugene Mission and it was here that we had one of the rare opportunities to line up some of the vehicles.

Andrew Macpherson

What is the black coupe 3rd up on the right?

Quote Originally Posted by biffom View Post
    What is the black coupe 3rd up on the right?
    That is cool

Just in from BC...

The 3rd car on the right is a Talbot Lago T26 Grand Sport which has a BMW V8 engine.

Oddly enough there is a local one here in LA that is owned by the gent who played the head master in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It's the top one in these shots. There were 26 made, and most of them had the straight six that Talbot scored their last 1-2 victory at Le Mans in 1950 with.

Andrew Macpherson

Is it the same 8 as in the 507?

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Is it the same 8 as in the 507?
    Sorry for the retarded response, but no, the Talbot Lago used a 2.5 liter engine, the 507 engine had a diplacement of 3.2 liter.
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com