Thread: 2001 Z8 (#60303) Black/Black ? sale withdrawn

2001 Z8 (#60303) Black/Black ? sale withdrawn

#60303 is black/black with ~50,000km / ~31,000 miles. Originally a USA (California) car, I imported it to Canada in the spring of 2009.

The car comes with its hard top, stand & cover, and car cover (a very thoughtful Christmas gift from my wife). I believe I also have the window sticker and the Motorola phone. Sorry, no book. Manuals, two keys.

Macfly was kind enough to view and opine on the car for me while I had it PPI?d at Beverly Hills BMW at the end of March 2009. Please don?t bug him for details as we?re now talking two years ago!

I put the car through a major servicing and preventative once-over at a local BMW dealer immediately after importing it, to the tune of $8k CAD. This included the installation of the Performance Package. The car has (and had) no visible evidence of frame damage.

I replaced the run-flats with Michelin PS2?s.

I also installed the Meisterschaft GT mufflers, a sound I will never forget. The car is otherwise totally OEM.

The black soft top has no holes.

If you search through my Board posts you?ll see that I recently had problems with the steering column lock and a compartment door, both of which have been fixed. The car is otherwise AOK. I would welcome a full PPI at the local BMW dealership of your choice.

Clean Carfax, no accidents. I have never tracked her

This is not the lowest mileage or most immaculate Z8 you will find, nonetheless it is in excellent condition and is meant for someone like me ? who will buy it for the pure joy of owning, maintaining and especially driving it.

]I currently have the car on consignment at a local all-makes dealer, which is why most all of the photos herein are on a showroom floor. All of my files, service records, accessories, etc. are in/with the car so forgive me if a couple of comments are vague. I will do my best to run down any questions you may have.

We now have two kids and I am on the list for an F10 M5. If I get another convertible, it would feel unfair to get one with less than four seats.

The car is offered to Board members for $95,000 in Canadian funds (please do your own currency conversion if applicable) excluding shipping, duties, etc.

Thanks for your consideration. Please PM or email me for more information

Z8Mania
    Shes a beauty- good luck with the sale.

Reduced to CAD $88,000. Approximate, third-party currency conversions here.

Cheers.

Update: I am no longer offering the car for sale. Frankly, I have had next to no activity and am quite surprised. This is not a 2003 with four-digit mileage, but still!

I will enjoy her for what remains of this summer and now intend to trade her in on the F10 M5 early in the summer of 2012.

Thanks and regards to all.
    Alps

Z8Mania
    It may be just how you marketed the car- your pricing doesnt seem too far off the mark. I have to say that if you can afford to, you should hold on to this car. Its special.

Thanks Jerry; my wife actually agrees with you.

As for marketing the car, I felt I was pretty forthcoming; and well, well within the ballpark. Oh well.

Z8Mania
    Oh I don't mean you might not have been forthcoming- but rather just wondering if you were very aggressive in terms of your marketing push- where you placed the ad etc. That's all.

I have unlisted the car since it sounds like you've already made your deal to do the part exchange. I hope you don't mind me saying this, but I think black/black is the hardest color to sell as it tends to hide the beauty of the Z8 more than any of the other combos, so I'm not entirely suprised it didn't sell quickly.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Lovely car, but I agree with Andrew on color. I love black, but the car needs a different color for the interior. The Crema or Red look great with black.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Z8Mania
    I know a few people who would only consider black/black so it goes to show you theres a you know what for every seat. I think the car looks great but I personally prefer some more contrast.