Thread: 2002 Z8 Stratus Grey Purchase

Z8 Novice

Thumbs up 2002 Z8 Stratus Grey Purchase

I stumbled on to your site while searching for a Z8 purchase, very informative. I bought a 12,000 mile Stratus Grey yesterday, I love the car but feel a little guilty buying it!

We live in Seattle and I'm wondering if anyone local has a suggestion or preference in BMW Dealers ?

I have a carfax that indicates the vehicle was imported thru customs in SC on 5/24/2002. The car was registered 6/10/2002. I called the dealership and they show the inservice date as 5/30/2002. Of course the service engine light came home on the way home from purchasing the car, but they informed me that I missed the last free service check up by 2 days, no exceptions. Anyway, we will move forward with a great car...

Jed

Welcome, and congratulations on the new ride!

There are very few Stratus/Blacks in the US, possibly less than a dozen, and it is one of my absolute favorite color sets for the car. I've only ever seen one car in that combo, and I spent nearly two months trying to find one like it for myself, but there wasn't one to be found anywhere at the time, so ended up going Silver/Black again.

The most common check engine lights are feul cap not properly screw on, oxygen sensors caput, or the MAF's fouled. I know there is one other owner in Tacoma, so I'll drop him a line for suggestions on dealers for you.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Welcome to the Z8 community. You've stumbled into a great site that has a lot of info/data all compiled in one easy to access location. Macfly has done a great job developing and organizing this first rate site. In case you haven't found it yet, there's a Z8 message board with very helpful members that can be found at: http://bimmer.roadfly.org/bmw/forums/z8/
    This may be another place you can ask for assistance finding a good dealership in the Seattle area - or most anything else "Z8".

This is a car that always evokes a reaction wherever it goes. A real joy to own. What's the interior color of your stratus Z8? Anyway, enjoy your car and good luck with finding a dealership.

Z8 Novice

Z8 interior

The interior is a black border with creme on the inside. Two tone I guess?

Jed

Some NW service tips.....

One owner has his serviced at BMW Seattle, and is happy with them, he says to ask to have Michael do the work.

Another has his serviced at Rasmussen BMW in Portland, they did a full S2 conversion for him, including fit a Quaife LSD, Pete Perez is their motorsports guy and very nice to deal with.

Also BMW Bellevue, they replaced the heater/AC module under warranty a few years ago without causing other damage (a several thousand dollar job) for another owner.

I'll add to this list above as I get more info too.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    Thank You
    Jed

Congratulations!

Don't feel guilty ! (I did too for about two minutes). I have had mine now a little less than two months and have truly enjoyed every minute of the ownership. A great car and there is a lot of great information available on the two web sites. Have a blast - be safe!