Thread: 2000 Z8 (#60650) Blk/Blk - 6600 miles - Sold

2000 Z8 (#60650) Blk/Blk - 6600 miles - Sold

It has been a pleasure interacting with the forum, and the Z8 website is an amazing resource to us all. As my wife and I prepare to make a move back to our west coast home (California), I realize that this is a prime moment to consider moving my small collection of cars.

The 2008 M3 and the 1980 M1 have been sold, and I wish to offer the forum a chance to purchase my personal 2001 Z8. I obtained the car from an older gentleman, the original owner (and neighbor), in February 2008. The car had 4955 miles on the odometer when I assumed responsibility for the car. The majority of miles were logged on a trip that the first owner, David Wynegar made shortly after buying the car. A high school reunion took this chemical company owner back to his hometown in Indiana--Hardtop installed! This is a black on black 2001 model that is completely original. When I purchased the car, the rearview mirror had a large area of fluid loss, but this matter was graciously addressed by the BMW NA group. I have a climate controlled garage, and manage to take the car out for several mile warm-up cruise every other weekend.

This is an investment grade vehicle with perfect documentation. The photos depict the only flaw--a scuffed area on the front right bumper. The performance package is not installed, and the car rides on nearly unworn Michelin Pilot Sport 2's installed March 2008. While chromed original wheels are installed, the sale will include the original alloy wheels, now in boxes, each without a scratch.

I retain all service records, window sticker, factory brochure, the boxed "book", and several rare technical and informational manuals provided to our local BMW shop foreman upon the initial launch of the car. Please see the photos that depict all original fabric / leather accessories, including the storage bags. A BMW hoist system holds the factory hardtop.

This is a no distress sale that requires $115,000.00 to surrender title. I will attempt to attach photos for your convenience. I encourage any interested folks to contact "Larry" the shop foreman at Clear Lake BMW to gather more service history. He knows the car intimately, and can be reached by calling 281.557.7100. Thanks again to all of you, especially MacFly, for your efforts and passion! God bless.

Jeff.

Stunning car, and good luck with your sale!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Ahhhhh, I envy your virginal black paint! (Mine has seen many enthusiastic miles). But selling now? Right before you move to California, where we have glorious driving roads? Perhaps you should rethink!

I was thinking that too - but didn't really to say it because he is obviously lightening his load, but it is true that there is no better car for California than the BMW that was designed in California!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Gorgeous. Good luck with the sale. I like how you presented the information.

Thank you all for your kind comments, and considering my vehicle. The car is SOLD. Best wishes to all of you.

A car in that condition wasn't going to be on the market long. Congrats on your sale, and best of luck with your move.
    thegunguy