Thread: Anyone drive their Z8 in Miami ??

Anyone drive their Z8 in Miami ??

Just bought a place in South Beach to warm up my winters, and will bring my 11 Years old Z8, It will be like a second life with only 28,000km and wasn't using it much I think I will enjoy lot more in S.B. then in Montreal.

Seems like there was someone down there looking to organize some drives recently. Enjoy your new spot.
    thegunguy

Was just in Palm Beach on Friday and it was both warm and wet. Make sure you get a well air conditioned garage!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Z8 in West Palm

I'm here in Boynton Beach Florida about an hour north of Miami. I was the one that was referred to early in this thread as wondering if there were some other Z8 owners that wanted to meet up. There are a few other Z8's that my dealer in Pompano Beach services in this area.

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    License Plate: MYBMW Z8
    Eisenmann Mufflers
    Dinan Performance Software

Nice to have few Z8 fellows near my new town of adoption, I have many friends golfer that bought

their winter home near you in Quails Ridge, you have to tell me the best place for service. Take care

Quote Originally Posted by jmosk View Post
    I'm here in Boynton Beach Florida about an hour north of Miami. I was the one that was referred to early in this thread as wondering if there were some other Z8 owners that wanted to meet up. There are a few other Z8's that my dealer in Pompano Beach services in this area.

Yes Mathew i have a well protected and ventilated garage

By the way since you gave me a great advice 8 years ago or so for my Eisenmann muffler, any advice for the trunk shocks.....

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Was just in Palm Beach on Friday and it was both warm and wet. Make sure you get a well air conditioned garage!

My trunk shocks are shot too, and I keep forgetting to get them changed!
    Andrew Macpherson

I'm investigating an alternative solution, as the replacements are just as poor. My trunk actually ate my arms in Cambria - had bruises when I returned home for a good week after.
    thegunguy

Key West

I'm down in Key West. I've only seen one other and that was a silver black at a restaurant in Fort Lauderdale.

We were staying at the Delano a little while ago and I was pleasantly surprised in the morning to find that the Valet people had parked mine in the one spot in front of the hotel. They usually want an extortionate $100 to keep it out front. So someone there definitely has good taste.

Carl.

My trunk shocks are also shot

and have been for years. Each time the lid shuts on me I swear I'm going to get them changed.

Just changed shocks

Got tired of trunk lid banging me on the head. Total cost at local BMW dealer was $90+- and took me about 10 minutes to replace. Actually, took about 9 minutes to replace the first one and 1 minute to replace the second one.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Just how does the trunk lid shock work?

Having never seen another Z8 trunk open - what happens when you press the release? Does the trunk open a half inch as mine does? Or does it swing open to its full height? Do you have to lift it to the full height?

Any one have a video?

Thanks,

Andy
    _________
    Andy Lytle
    2002 Z8 Silver/Black 23k
    Performance Package
    CDV Removed
    www.golytle.com

It only "Pops" about a half inch, then you need to lift it. The shocks keep it from dropping on your head!

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    The shocks keep it from dropping on your head!
    Sure they do...
    thegunguy

It's a good thing I bought an extra set of trunk struts 5 years ago. Still in the box!. So glad I was proactive! They're probably worthless by now unless they changed something.

FYI: They all seem to lose charge over time, even without use!

Damn, that means my spares will be junk too, and I got clobbered by the trunk in Cambria so many times you'd think it would have reminded me that it's time! Amazing how quickly we forget once the car is safely back in the garage!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Thats correct- its a known issue. They all do it. I just make it a point to hold the trunk open and if it stays open watch out for winds, even mild ones! CLUNK! DOH!

Depending on your point of view, its either a "flaw" or "character". I vote character

Z8 Madness
    I picture a piece of wood in the trunk of every Z8. It's nice to see our cars age.
    Name:  wood.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  60.4 KB
    62050 - Z8

Z8Mania
    Very funny.

Great, seems like theres a qurom in South Florida. Lets organize a Fall Drive somewhere, maybe to the incredible & private Collier Museum in Naples? I have a contact there. A run across Alligator Alley is always a blast. Any interest? I'm in Boynton Beach w/60041 car. Chime in.
    Jim

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Put me on the list if a trip is organized

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    License Plate: MYBMW Z8
    Eisenmann Mufflers
    Dinan Performance Software

Sound like a very nice trip, is the Alligator Alley across the Everglade, and looks like we will be

a few Z8, great I"m looking foward to it

Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    Great, seems like theres a qurom in South Florida. Lets organize a Fall Drive somewhere, maybe to the incredible & private Collier Museum in Naples? I have a contact there. A run across Alligator Alley is always a blast. Any interest? I'm in Boynton Beach w/60041 car. Chime in.
    Jim