Thread: Hey BMW...this is what customer service looks like

Team Z8

Hey BMW...this is what customer service looks like

Maybe they should take a lesson from Nissan...http://www.autoweek.com/article/2011...NEWS/110519817 They just sent owners a $400. check for a small mistake made in their literature regarding fuel tank capacity. I'm still burned over BMW's "you'll pay to fix our bending frame "Performance kit" and the Z8's "missing" LSD.
    Last edited by ron's rocket; May 19th 2011 at 21:33. Reason: including the link

I have to say that BMW have come through for so many of us on so many levels that my initial disappointment over some of those has been turned to very great appreciation.

For original owners they have comped a lot of gear, including PP's, headlights, radios and other glitches that I'm really now a fan of BMW's service. It may not be perfect, but it is really, really good, and they understand it is a relationship. I personally will keep my new car and bike purchases to BMW because of how well they have ultimately come good. Sure at moments it has been a fight, but no relationship is all roses.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Thank you Andrew.

Z8 Madness
    For us, it's a net positive experience. We just traded our X5 for a new 3 series, a downgrade (thanks to the economy / fuel cost) but still a nice ride.
    62050 - Z8

Team Z8

Glad for some it's been a good experience...

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    I have to say that BMW have come through for so many of us on so many levels that my initial disappointment over some of those has been turned to very great appreciation.

For original owners they have comped a lot of gear, including PP's, headlights, radios and other glitches that I'm really now a fan of BMW's service. It may not be perfect, but it is really, really good, and they understand it is a relationship. I personally will keep my new car and bike purchases to BMW because of how well they have ultimately come good. Sure at moments it has been a fight, but no relationship is all roses.
    it's not been mine...I'll continue to hope for that better relationship from BMWNA, but for many bad dealership experiences and now my dash delamination (and my car lives most of the year in the garage) I won't be their new car customer again.

I've had BMW take care of so many out of warranty items at either reduced or no cost that I often sing their praises when asked. I've had great service and experience at all levels, from meeting the development team back in Germany, BMW Classic (our allies for the future), Bill and his team at BMW NA, and Dana at PeterPan. The relationship has also paid off when I've purchased other BMWs. Simply, I'm a lifetime customer.

Sure, the Z8 has had some issues along the way, but for a low volume, hand-built car I'm willing to accept some level of flaws, especially considering the sheer joy that comes from running around the backroads with the symphony of the S62 and few friends in Z8s adding to the beauty around us.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    All I can say is I've had exemplary service from BMW at a few different dealerships in my areas over 16 years. I also think if you are going to have a car long term, you are going to discover issues. I would like to ask "the factory" why I can no longer move as fast as I once did on the tennis court....

Like Rifle, Ive had the good fortune to get to know the people up and down the ladder. There have been a few interesting moments over the years but in the end they've done the right thing, by me, and I think by us as a group. There have been several items they've covered for me on my Z8 and many occurred well past the warranty period.

Team Z8

Nothing "free" here, maybe Bill will fix my dash.

Hmmm...in no particular order this is what I've seen...Car returned from dealership work with scratch in fender, car returned with work incomplete, car returned with half empty Coke can sitting on passenger floor, backup light/fog light found attached with duct tape...repaired by dealership with information that there was "undisclosed damage" when it was originally delivered at the port, car "misplaced" on dealership lot...TWICE..with a one hour+ wait to "find" it, fading leather seats...dealership re-dyed seats...red stained clothes, because you can't re-dye our silcone coated seats, dealership mis-drilled holes for Performance Kit...the tech must have sat on the hood to get it latched. Never had the problems, large or small with any other car or dealership(s) before the Z8...just say'n.

Sounds to like a dealer issue more than anything, that's why I only have Peter Pan work on my car.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Thats terrible. I agree- thats really a dealer issue- its inexcusable though. Sorry thats your experience. Are you stuck with one dealer in your area? If not Id say find another dealer.

Team Z8

Not one dealership, but three...

Long Beach BMW, Crevier BMW and Irvine BMW, but Irvine was only guilty of misplacing my car and keeping me waiting for an hour. Yeah, absurd that I'm in LA but seriously considering taking my car up to San Francisco for all future maintenance.

Z8Mania
    Thats terrible- the area you are in should have great dealers.

Sadly SoCal simply doesn't, I go 400 miles to get my car done right, but I always combine it with a Napa or Monterey weekend, so it is a major pleasure!
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by ron's rocket View Post
    Hmmm...in no particular order this is what I've seen...Car returned from dealership work with scratch in fender, car returned with work incomplete, car returned with half empty Coke can sitting on passenger floor, backup light/fog light found attached with duct tape...repaired by dealership with information that there was "undisclosed damage" when it was originally delivered at the port, car "misplaced" on dealership lot...TWICE..with a one hour+ wait to "find" it, fading leather seats...dealership re-dyed seats...red stained clothes, because you can't re-dye our silcone coated seats, dealership mis-drilled holes for Performance Kit...the tech must have sat on the hood to get it latched. Never had the problems, large or small with any other car or dealership(s) before the Z8...just say'n.
    That's a long list of reasons to find another dealer. Most of those made me cringe! As a long time BMW owner (24+ years), I have had great service at a few different dealerships in the Chicagoland area.

I hope you've expressed your concerns with your local service director. They need to take much better care of you and your car.