Thread: M1 For Sale

Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Z8Mania
    I saw this the other day- wow what a beauty. I love how they write "motorsport" on the cam cover. If the car is as good in real life as it appears to be in pics and description, that would be amazing.

Is it just me or is the interior ugly?
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Z8 Madness
    The M1 is an amazing car and will always be so, but to me, much like the Testarossa, it's starting to look more and more dated. I'm afraid it may be 30+ years before its styling is once again appreciated.
    62050 - Z8

Funny you say that, it is exactly what I was thinking looking at it!

I loved it as a kid, it was my favorite Hot Wheels car, and one of the cars I've dreamt of owning over the years, but now I look at it and it just looks like a plastic wedge of cheese. I also thought the Testarosa was amazing as a 13 year old, but now it is the last car in the world I would want to own. The cars of the 50's and 60's are really the most unbeatable for beauty, and nothing much modern has been able to hold a candle to that lasting beauty, with one notable exception! ;-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Yes its dated. Yes its underpowered by todays standards, yes the interior is a little ugly- but do you see a resemblance to the current S class big binnacle for the COMAND screen? To me the looks are simply a product of the times. You just have to accept that. I wish this one was white with the racing livery. I love that.

BUT!!!

The M1 is one of a few collectable BMWs.

I read a lot of these collector car magazines and the consensus is there aren't that many collectable bimmers. The ones I note:

Pre War ones like the 328. Its beautiful but its not for me.

507- whoops forgot this one. I might be one of the few people on the planet who doesn't think its that great. Hey thats what makes life interesting.

Isetta is nice but its not really collectable.

3.0 CSL batmobile?

Then you have the M1.

Youd think the E30 M3 but the critics don't seem to think so- I think it is.

After that what do you have? The Z8.

If you are into BMWs and if you are a collector, if theres a chance to own a good example M1, thats a good thing.

And consider the price of the vehicle compared to other collector cars, its a relative bargain. Not a bad way to get into the scene.

I think the M1s a car you buy because you like the idea of owning it as much as you enjoy owning it.

Andrew I agree with you on the 50s/60s cars and to me the cars of the mid-late 60s are the best because not only are they great looking, they also drive really nicely. Ever drive a Ferrari 250 Lusso? Beautiful car- but it drives like a truck. I also was lucky enough to drive a 300SL (Gullwing) and the experience was priceless- but the actual driving was closer to being like a truck that Id have hoped. Never the less, Id love to own a 300SL one day- what a car. Same for the Lusso.

This car is rare, but it's far from "collectible condition". The seats are in bad shape and the engine / engine compartment surfaces are not well cared for.
    2002 Silver/Black
    No mods (except for new Alpine stereo)
    Seattle, WA

Z8Mania
    Thanks- I didn't really look that closely.

Team Z8
    Looks like a Lambo Espada to me. The angular design of many cars of that period never appealed to me.