Thread: NYC BMW dealers and independents

Sport Button On

NYC BMW dealers and independents

Can anyone suggest the best of the NYC area dealer shops, or a civilized and precise independent? Thank you.

Z8Mania
    For what purpose?

Sport Button On
    General mechanical, detailing, and perhaps audio....or am I asking the world?!

Z8Mania
    Are we discussing for a Z8? All the local dealers are good in terms of oil changes and basic maintenance.

Detailing I would check out Detailing Dynamics:
    http://www.detailingdynamics.com/

Audio etc I would check out AI Design

www.aidesign.com

Sport Button On
    I'm in the same boat. Looking for LI shop for mechanicals. Had my Z8 detailed at Detailing Dynamics. Matt is very good.

Sport Button On
    I'm not generally a dealer guy, but I've been impressed by BMW Oyster Bay. My prior owner used Locust Valley Coach and Motor...very old world in a good way and able to do most work apart from the warranty minefileds.

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Try Habberstad

Try Habberstad in Huntington. They service my Z8 for many years and I was very happy with them. I used to use Oyster Bay the service all of my BMW's and was happy with them until I had a falling out with the owner of the dealership. I was his choice to purchase my Z8 from Oyster Bay and was on the waiting list to get the car when it would come in several months later. In the meantime I found one sitting on the showroom floor in Atlantic City from a deal that feel through just 15 mintues before I walked into that dealership. So rather than wait the 6 months I was told by Oyster Bay, I purchased the car on the spot in Atlantic City. The Oyster Bay dealer was so pissed at me for doing this that he had the service department make it undesirable to continue to service the 4 BMW's I owned. That is when I started with Habberstad and was happy with them for many many years until I moved down to Florida to be able to drive the car every day and not have to put it away for the winter.

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    License Plate: MYBMW Z8
    Eisenmann Mufflers
    Dinan Performance Software

Sport Button On
    Thnak you for this...Huntington is more convenient, in fact.

Z8Mania
    FWIW, Ive heard other positive things about Habberstad.