Thread: Winter is finally breaking in the NE

Winter is finally breaking in the NE

For the first time in 7 weeks I actually saw a bare patch of grass on my yard today. After 7 weeks of snow on the ground, and most of those weeks with at least one major storm, everything is finally starting to melt. So while it makes it easy to keep the miles down on my Alpina, as it does not venture out side during the winter, it also gives me something to look forward to as the weather starts to warm up. Being the NE it is not unusual to have a significant snow storm in March or even April, but the days of the car sitting in the garage on a battery tender are numbered!

Z8Mania
    I thought the same thing today. Hooray

Hmmmm. West-coasters, should we rub it in?
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    Im buying some property on the east side of the fault line...

I hope its that old Honda test facility!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I still have a nice drift in front of the middle garage, but the batteries are up on everything due to the trickle charger. The one thing we have to worry about out here in the NE is the potholes after the winter. I bent an outside hoop on one my HREs last year, fortunately I have the brace but it was a jarring event. We should put together a run for the guys in the the tristate area in the next few months, what do you say? Joshb
    2002 silver/black/red

While the west coast has not had the snow, seems to me that the rain has come down fairly hard this year out there..... but you do have us on the overall weather, no doubt about it.

I would be interested, but not until May or June when the potholes are all fixed!

It's actually been a relatively dry winter in the Bay Area. It's all been to the south.
    thegunguy

We have had a crazy autumn here, but it has also been an unusually clement Jan and early Feb but the rains just came again yesterday, and they look like they're here for a while. :-(
    I put a few pix of the extraordinarily dramatic winter light we've had with this La Nina up on my other blog here.
    Andrew Macpherson

Just got back from skiing in Tahoe last night. OMG... 8 ft of snow above 8000 ft. since Tuesday. It just wouldn't stop, and looks like only one clear day for the next 10 days! Perhaps 8-10 ft more. That is just insane. The powder skiing was incredible... up to my chest. I can't remember such a dump of snow very often over the years (been skiing there since 1967). My body feels it today, hard keeping up with the young bucks. I shot some film with my GoPro helmet cam... we'll see if I got anything good. The visibility was pretty tough.

Z8Mania
    That is incredible about the skiing. I'm more at home on the packed stuff since I learned out east.

A NYC metro area z8 meet up would be nice.

Good for you, give those kids a run for their money
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by thegunguy View Post
    Hmmmm. West-coasters, should we rub it in?
    You start and I'll chime in
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Z8Mania
    Don't get too smug... you're about to get colonized...

That looks like some mad cool CGI, did you happen to see this crazy clip from India last year - it goes somewhere insane that I've yet to see Hollywood try!

Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    This is brilliant and they even have the time honored Hollywood "ahhhhh" sound in there. In fairness in the Matrix Revolutions there are some moments like this. But this very well done.

It certainly has a large dose of Matrix influence in there, but the cobra madness is on a whole nother level!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Agreed. Love it. I actually ordered the DVD so I can check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    This is brilliant and they even have the time honored Hollywood "ahhhhh" sound in there.
    The classic Wilhelm Scream.

Nice clip, but it needs much more singing and dancing.
    thegunguy

OK, so I spoke too soon about the weather breaking. Friday we had 60 degrees and sunny, Saturday we had 40 degrees and 60 mph winds, this morning we have fresh snow! Friday was the first day that all of the snow had melted off of my driveway in two months....
    First picture, the Atlantic on Friday, second picture my backyard on Monday morning...

Z8Mania
    Yep- thats our area at this time of year.

Both are actually very lovely! Can't say I miss winter, and sadly winter hasn't missed us, LA is surrounded by snow capped peaks today, and todays early morning temps were in the high 30's to low 40's.
    Andrew Macpherson