Thread: BMW's Official Word for Z8 Collision Repairs

Thumbs up BMW's Official Word for Z8 Collision Repairs

I received this from Bill Stuart this morning and anyone who is seeking AutoBody Collision Repairs for their Z8 should follow this protocol.

Hello Dr. Morris:

We recommend using one of our Certified Collision Repair Centers where they can perform Level 1 repairs. Level 1 repairs consist of replacing, straightening, and painting bolted on body panels. The local Certified Collision Repair Center will determine the repair level required. If more extensive damage requiring repairs to the frame or substructure; Level 2 or 3, should only be performed at a BMW of North America, LLC Aluminum Repair Center located in Woodcliff Lake, NJ. This facility has the specialized equipment and training required to perform these structural repairs.

To locate a Certified Collision Repair Center, please go to BMWUSA.COM, Click on the Dealer Locater and select Certified Collision Repair Centers, refine by entering your zip code or select a State.

If there's no CCRC in your State, find the State closest to you that has one.

I hope the above helps.

Regards,
    Bill Stuart
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Thanks Jeff, as I said in an earlier post, the CCRC near me is awesome. Never go to a regular "Dealer approved" shop.

Z8Mania
    Well done Jeff to post this up. Sorry you have to go through the process though.

Thanks for the condolences but unnecessary !

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Well done Jeff to post this up. Sorry you have to go through the process though.
    I just contacted Bill about a different issue and since this was being discussed on another thread, I asked him what BMW's Official position was as we had no specific information on the website for anyone who may unfortunately need collision repairs. So, Bill researched it and the above post is what BMW wants us as owners to do.

Thank god I do not need any repairs !!
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Z8Mania
    Glad you werent affected Jeff.

Z8 Madness
    Likewise, glad this is not because of an accident and thanks for sharing.
    62050 - Z8

Thanks .... but just found out the information as there seemed to be confusion and debate on what we, as owners, SHOULD do in the event we are in an accident. I certainly did not know what BWM's Official recommendations were so since it came up on another thread and I was speaking to Bill about a totally unrelated issue and a totally unrelated BMW model, I thought I would ask him what BMW Recommended for Z8 Collision repairs. Hope this information will never be necessary for anyone but eventally, someone will find it useful -- just hope it is not me !! Yikes!
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Z8doc View Post
    Thanks .... but just found out the information as there seemed to be confusion and debate on what we, as owners, SHOULD do in the event we are in an accident. I certainly did not know what BWM's Official recommendations were so since it came up on another thread and I was speaking to Bill about a totally unrelated issue and a totally unrelated BMW model, I thought I would ask him what BMW Recommended for Z8 Collision repairs. Hope this information will never be necessary for anyone but eventally, someone will find it useful -- just hope it is not me !! Yikes!
    You had me worried there for second. Let's hope we can all stay out of trouble.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver